2017 Volkswagen Golf R Lapiz Blue

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lock down prices weren't getting any better and we needed something nice for the daily duties so I got this example out of Barnards Volkswagen in Stowmarket.

Its going to be primarily for my wife when she starts traveling to Dublin in the new year for her job but for now I'm enjoying it myself as a daily and it is filling 40% of the void left by the Alfa lol

Had a great spec and it was the colour we both wanted so the deal was done.

2017 Golf R
28500 Miles (1 Owner)
5 Door
DSG
Lapiz Blue

Options
  • Winter Pack
  • 19 Inch Spielberg Alloys
  • Full Leather Interior
  • Keyless Entry and Start
  • Dynaudio Sound SYstem
  • Rear View Camera
  • 90% Rear Tints
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
  • Lane Assist
  • High Beam Assist
Car came VW Approved so I got 2 Year Warranty, MOT Cover and Roadside Assistance

Plans are
  • Full works by Robin @ Studio Ten
  • Eibachs
  • Spacers (11mm F 15mm R)
  • Res Delete
  • Rieger Front Lip
  • Spoiler Lip
  • Possibly a stage 1 map
More pics to follow

20210720_192810.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Carson ... Genuinely the res pipe ive bought has an anti drone 'J' pipe lol

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
You will put some juice through it as a daily to Dublin health to drive tho

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
You will put some juice through it as a daily to Dublin health to drive tho

Won't be a daily to Dublin. She'll be up and down once a week or once every two weeks realistically.

All the options! Rare thing that, that was an expensive buy for the original owner.

Yes the extras really were great. All it needed was pan roof and that was my nice to haves all ticked lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Small update ...
  • Wifes reg will be put on this week
  • Anti Drone res delete is on its way to me today

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Where did you get the anti drone res delete ? Looking at doing the same to my vrs tsi

I got it second hand from the owners forum. But its from LSG Performance I think.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Really love these wheels especially with Lapz Blue
Eibachs will make it sit perfect đź‘Ť

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
You still got this Chris ? How have you found it? I’ve Been thinking i will change the Alfa 147GTA soon and fancy either a Golf R or GTI performance pack as a modern replacement that I could also use daily if I wanted yet still be fun . So keen to find out if you liked it

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
You still got this Chris ? How have you found it? I’ve Been thinking i will change the Alfa 147GTA soon and fancy either a Golf R or GTI performance pack as a modern replacement that I could also use daily if I wanted yet still be fun . So keen to find out if you liked it
I had a mk7 r briefly before I collapsed and loved it such an awesome all rounder and would have another in a heartbeat if funds allow at some point, definitely recommend one as comfortable daily driver and fun weekend car all in one , if anything mine was too quick,400bhp would be plenty in one

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
I had a mk7 r briefly before I collapsed and loved it such an awesome all rounder and would have another in a heartbeat if funds allow at some point, definitely recommend one as comfortable daily driver and fun weekend car all in one , if anything mine was too quick,400bhp would be plenty in one
Thanks for the reply . They def seem like a great all round package

zafturbo

RMS Regular
You obviously had a stage 3 golf then going by your comment there .what turbo we’re you running on yours .Was talking to a lad yesterday who has just went stage 3 with a local tuner and is not impressed with the performance and the amount of money put into the car .

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
You obviously had a stage 3 golf then going by your comment there .what turbo we’re you running on yours .Was talking to a lad yesterday who has just went stage 3 with a local tuner and is not impressed with the performance and the amount of money put into the car .
I bought her done , yes stage 3 running an is38 , turbo elbow, s/s custom exhaust , revo software was an absolute animal but I loved it thought I was 18 again getting into my first mk2 gti 16v
I wouldn’t say to many local tuners would be up to vag stage 3 tuning unless using off self parts and software

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

Sold it back in September mate. Loved the car but had a few things going on personally and the golf had to go. Loved the thing. Best all rounder. Plenty of kit spec wise and was fast when you wanted it to be.

If I'd of kept it I'd of at least liked to go stage 1 with it but even in stock form it was perfect.

My only gripe was the dsg farts on every gear change, gets old after a while lol. But woth the res delete it sounded fantastic