Seen Podcast Episode 8 with Bob Flavin

•   
See the blog feature on this - Bob Flavin is a automotive journalist and also has been producing several Youtube car reviews a month since 2010, making him the most popular car reviewer on YouTube in Ireland, with 70k subscribers. He also has over 130k followers on TikTok, and was previously the motoring correspondent for the Irish Independent. He regularly spends his time flying around Europe to review cars for major manufacturers, and has recently started holding car enthusiast events near Dublin with huge turnouts.

He joins the Sold as Seen team for a long form conversation on being an automotive journalist in Ireland, being a YouTuber, and bridging the gap to the car enthusiasts. Along with some funny stories and insights along the way.

Spotify:

Apple Podcasts: ‎Sold as Seen on Apple Podcasts

Google Podcasts: Sold as Seen

Soundcloud: RMS Motoring

Acast: Sold as Seen

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr4bAnIpvMJqu9qo-A65PQ

RSS Feed: https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/sold-as-seen

Bob's Youtube Channel: The Next Gear Show

The most excited review of the GR Yaris ever.

Bob and Andy at the end of Cannonball Ireland 2021, Titanic Quarter.

bob-andy.jpg
bob-supra.jpg

Bob answers questions for hours on TikTok

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just finished it. I’d never heard of him tbh, but it was good chat. Amazing how a career can just take off from nothing.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I think Bob got a lot of flack from the Irish car scene when he got involved in the cars and coffee stuff. Was another lad that runs a dealership down south. Not sure exactly why but got the understanding they were trying to monetize it and the Irish don't link people making money I guess.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I think Bob got a lot of flack from the Irish car scene when he got involved in the cars and coffee stuff. Was another lad that runs a dealership down south. Not sure exactly why but got the understanding they were trying to monetize it and the Irish don't link people making money I guess.
Its a difficult one as its his bread and butter. Jonny Smith is doing similar with spectacular results, and I am busting to get to one of his shows.