Mk2 polo coupe

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
I think I have a problem!! Lol. Went and got another old VW to tinker with and enjoy!! I'm also gonna blame @vw1500 for all or this, he has passed on some sort of infectious old vw addiction to me...

It's a 1992 Polo CL Couple 1.3 with a 5speed box (weapon, I know lol) and 103k on it.

Wish me luck, I'll need it!! She's rough, but solid.

Attachments

• IMG-20211101-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20211101-WA0003.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 117

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
These were mostly 4 speed weren't they ?

I almost had a black GT as my first car but my dad wasn't convinced. I spent the whole day telling him how it was great, getting insurance quotes and all. Phoned back next day and was sold :worried:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Class!!! That’s definitely a cool wee car! Always wanted one back in the day!

I hear what you’re saying about old VW’s lol (or VAG’s lol). Possibly going to look at a bigger VW replacement for the A4!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
My brother had one of these as a daily way back yesteryear it was such an awesome wee car never skipped a beat. I had a notion for a G40 but that didn't really go any where.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
My brother had one of these as a daily way back yesteryear it was such an awesome wee car never skipped a beat. I had a notion for a G40 but that didn't really go any where.
Check the price of a G40 now and it really won't go anywhere 😜 £10k mark! Seriously cool cars though I'd love one or even a GT coupe
I think I have a problem!! Lol. Went and got another old VW to tinker with and enjoy!! I'm also gonna blame @vw1500 for all or this, he has passed on some sort of infectious old vw addiction to me...
Not guilty, the Jetta started you on the bad habbit........................I just helped to feed it :laughing:
These were mostly 4 speed weren't they ?

I almost had a black GT as my first car but my dad wasn't convinced. I spent the whole day telling him how it was great, getting insurance quotes and all. Phoned back next day and was sold :worried:
Would this have been around 2007?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Young lad who works in ECP Castelreagh was in the middle converting his G40 from Surpercharged to Turbo charged back when i was leaving in 2017 I am near sure he has finished it but ive yet to see it.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Young lad who works in ECP Castelreagh was in the middle converting his G40 from Surpercharged to Turbo charged back when i was leaving in 2017 I am near sure he has finished it but ive yet to see it.
I remember there was one used to go to the old gtini meets and think he'd done that, was a white one I think.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Loving the love for this little thing! Just hope I can bring it back to life and do it some justice as it would be a fun little daily drive and with a spicier cam thrown into it, it's basically a GT lol

Front end is a mess but nothing structural, thankfully!!

Attachments

• 20211031_141552.jpg
    20211031_141552.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 98

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Was a couple back in day at gtini meets aswell as Nigel Lamonts gt remember it lifting trophies round show circuit all them years ago

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Check the price of a G40 now and it really won't go anywhere 😜 £10k mark! Seriously cool cars though I'd love one or even a GT coupe

Not guilty, the Jetta started you on the bad habbit........................I just helped to feed it :laughing:

Would this have been around 2007?

Would have been around March 2004

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
OK so.. this is now scrap I think. Front end is wrecked and I thought a new slam panel and cross member later it would be grand but I suspect this kind of damage is beyond a safe repair? I've no idea so I'm here asking for second opinions as what to do... so, here's the mess.

Attachments

• 20211103_111407.jpg
    20211103_111407.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211103_111353.jpg
    20211103_111353.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20211103_111257.jpg
    20211103_111257.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 72

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I'd happily fix that. I put two strut towers in a MK3 though so maybe I'm not the best to ask lol.

Just depends what you're capable of repairing yourself but if you're happy to cut and weld that's fixable if you have the bits

Last edited:

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
See, this is the advice I'm here for! However, I know its beyond my skills and don't wana spend much putting this car right either, it's a classic Polo, not a Porsche lol

However, if some RMS'er on here reckons they could tackle it then please do speak up, they might just save the cool little thing from being ripped apart for spares.. and honestly, I'd love to get it on the road.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Bud sometimes you have to know were to draw a line in the sand, in saying that if you’ve somewhere for it just put it away and gather up bits and bobs and source a “cheap ish” fabricator to assist. Like you said it’s not a Porsche but if your like me with Novas to you it’s every bit as good as one.