Audi TT - Black Edition

PDM

RMS Regular
Drives
my wife nuts
Sold the Mk5 Golf Gti which i'm a little sad about but time doesn't stand still for no car and it started to feel a little 'elderly'.
Needed another daily driver, mileage was starting to build with work etc so considered a diesel.

One my last cars popped up on on the internet, over £1300 more than when I sold it 15 months ago.
Residuals were still strong even in todays market. TT black edition, fully loaded, Daytona Grey, great car. Got me thinking.
What about a Black edition TT, TDi, ticks a lot of boxes, frugal, stylish, drive well, hold their money so started looking.

Found this over in Engerlund! Just about the cheapest on the market, thought there has to be a catch.
Video call walk around, all sounded good, plenty of history, VOSA all stacked up.
Car dealership with 12 franchises, sell only the best trade ins via another outlet, the rest go to auction.

Deal done. Some movement on price but it was cheap enough so, deposit paid.
Car wasn't presented all that well, paintwork felt like wet n dry sandpaper, tyre slick splashed mostly over the alloys.
First thoughts, balls, i need a flight back, but more I looked over it the more I thought its a bit of a bargain.

Free lift to the airport (5am, yeah wife was pretty pi$$ed). Cheap flight over, over 50mpg back to Cairnryan, cheap boat back.
Thought I would splash out and go Stena Plus.

TT's unless in TTS or TTRS form are a little bit marmite, but this is my 4th and have proved to be great little cars.
2011 Black edition TT TDi Quattro
Brilliant black
Heated leather, Cruise control, Bluetooth.
All other usual extras.

This will keep me going for while until the spring comes and the 350 is out of hibernation.
After that might keep, might sell, but for now happy to be driving around in this.....with my new perm.

P.

Attachments

• 20211214_133755.jpg
    20211214_133755.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20211214_154649.jpg
    20211214_154649.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 114
  • 20211229_160443.jpg
    20211229_160443.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211214_154727.jpg
    20211214_154727.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20211214_154941.jpg
    20211214_154941.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 129

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
That looks brilliant! This Gen of TT has held up so well and that is excellent in black. HTD

PDM

RMS Regular
OP
PDM
Drives
my wife nuts
Cheers @ALN , yep the MK2 is such a classic shape that looks great even now.
The black edition I reckon looks the best with the kit and 19's.

I pretty sure one day i'll get the TTRS.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Love that! Agreed that they still look well.

My TTS has still been my favourite car I’ve owned.

I had a BE TDi as a courtesy car once and thought it would’ve been the perfect thing if you had a bit of a commute but still wanted something a bit sportier.

PDM

RMS Regular
OP
PDM
Drives
my wife nuts
Cheers @Lyons , was torn between this and a TTS in Hollybrooks but the price the TDI was advertised swung it.
Plus its doing over 40mpg average and its a daily driver, low tax etc.

Would love a TTRS but i think if you got a decent TTS and a map, yer pretty much there, without the premium.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Cheers @ALN , yep the MK2 is such a classic shape that looks great even now.
The black edition I reckon looks the best with the kit and 19's.

I pretty sure one day i'll get the TTRS.
Girl I work with drives a TTRS. Think it's completely standard but sounds tasty and goes well

Reactions: PDM

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers @Lyons , was torn between this and a TTS in Hollybrooks but the price the TDI was advertised swung it.
Plus its doing over 40mpg average and its a daily driver, low tax etc.

Would love a TTRS but i think if you got a decent TTS and a map, yer pretty much there, without the premium.

I had mine mapped and it was just perfect.

Had a look at the Hollybrook one there, if I was getting another it would have to be the facelift. I changed my grill for a BE TTS one and it made a big difference.

Always loved the idea of a TTRS, but just couldn’t justify the additional premium over what you can get a TTS for!

Edit- had to go looking for a photo of it there. 🥰

6B45F2EE-0529-480C-AB4F-66B6646713FF.jpeg

PDM

RMS Regular
OP
PDM
Drives
my wife nuts
That's real nice with the darker alloys! Manual or DSG?

If you map them they're about 20-30 bhp off the TTRS. Although as @ALN says the 5 pot does sound so much better.
But is the note and 20-30 bhp worth the extra £7+k. 🤔

The brilliant black is the first non metallic car I've had in ages. Proper deep black when you clean it, which takes a bit more effort.
IMHO the best colours are either Daytona Grey or Sprint Blue. Both are a hard to find at the right price.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not a massive Sprint Blue fan, yours is perfect! Black looks great against the dark wheels.

Is it the half alcantara? Not many with cruise.

Mine was manual. So much more enjoyable than the DSG Golf R we had at the same time.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Had a run in a 2018 ttrs this week and it was an absolutely unreal thing to drive .i couldn’t live with one personally as my lad couldn’t even get into the back never mind he comfortable but it drove 10 times better than my rs3 . It honestly felt like a sports car whereas my own just feels like every other a3 apart from an awesome sound .

PDM

RMS Regular
OP
PDM
Drives
my wife nuts
Not a massive Sprint Blue fan, yours is perfect! Black looks great against the dark wheels.

Is it the half alcantara? Not many with cruise.

Mine was manual. So much more enjoyable than the DSG Golf R we had at the same time.
Cheers, Daytona was my preference, had one, had to let it go to get the 350z, miss it, Pic of the last TT in Daytona grey.
Have to say sprint blue TTRS are stunning with polished 19's not with darker wheels.
But the brilliant black im really warming to, so deep when polished whereas any metallic blacks are a little duller.

Cruise was nice driving back to Cairnryan for sure, has the black heated leather which is another factory option, given its winter its nice to have.
A lot of what I've seen for sale have the half alcantara which is standard.

Did a run to Carlisle n back in a TT with 3 up. Wife was in the back for most of it, she's 5'4, she said never again.
Its possible to have 4 but realistically a 2 seater. A 2018 TTRS I'm sure would be an absolute animal.

Attachments

• 20200216_114729.jpg
    20200216_114729.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 68