All Electric Mustang Mach-E on Test

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - Ford have pulled out all the stops with their all new EV, the Mustang Mach-E.  With new piston car sales being knocked on the head in 2030, it's go big or go home, and with the Mach-E the signs are very promising.

On test is what's called the First Edition Mach-E, which in carbonised grey (below) with gloss black detailing on the wheel arch and lower sill trims looks both muscular yet understated.  Not a Ford badge in sight, with the pony emblazoned front and rear, along with the logo projected as part of the puddle lights. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
So Mustang now means luxury. But this car looks like a complete nondescript heap of tat. I have a Samsung washing machine in a very similar colour and it looks ten times the car this Ford thing is.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
So Mustang now means luxury. But this car looks like a complete nondescript heap of tat. I have a Samsung washing machine in a very similar colour and it looks ten times the car this Ford thing is.
This is an EV SUV. Look at EV designs from Tesla or the VW group. Surely they are grim in comparison?

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
This is an EV SUV. Look at EV designs from Tesla or the VW group. Surely they are grim in comparison?

Well, when you put it like that…:grinning:

They’re (ev SUVs) all pretty bad. From what I’ve seen, only the Audi Q4 thing and the Skoda wassisface aren’t totally awful.

I think when Manufacturers move on from EV ‘signature’ design features things might improve. Though I do appreciate that that when it comes to EV design, the designers don’t exactly have a lot to work with.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I had posted this in another older Mach thread...maybe here is better suited. Probably feels nippy....but top end certainly doesn't appear any more than 200hp or so. I was just waiting on that 100-200kph time....and waiting...and waiting lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
One parked up next to me for a quick charge a few weeks back. Owner was very complimentary about it and let me have a poke about. Nice. I like them, but have a secret inner malfunction with the name; same with the Puma.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I should have mentioned in my article this is the same company which comes up with such inspired names as… EcoSport. This is what progress looks like.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I had posted this in another older Mach thread...maybe here is better suited. Probably feels nippy....but top end certainly doesn't appear any more than 200hp or so. I was just waiting on that 100-200kph time....and waiting...and waiting lol

The rise of the EV seems to be taking away all the characteristics that set different brands and cars apart. We can consider ourselves lucky to have experienced life in the motoring golden age as it seems the future of motoring is one of homogenous mundanity.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
The rise of the EV seems to be taking away all the characteristics that set different brands and cars apart. We can consider ourselves lucky to have experienced life in the motoring golden age as it seems the future of motoring is one of homogenous mundanity.
Well put. EVs haven’t found their voice. That they don’t have a voice as such is a big part of that.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

I'd agree...there have been so many changes for I'd say our generation, and perhaps for those a bit before us too.

Things are pretty good all round for so many reasons. I'd say the world will be a far worse place to be in another 100 years though, simply down to overpopulation. They'll probably still be crying about the climate then
They may cry climate bull****, fossil fuels and all this other nonsense....none of it addresses that same underlying problem causing all their problems

EV's might tick some boxes now, but you can bet any money they are just creating more new problems a couple of decades away. They and their batteries will be the next plastic/nuclear waste. And then there will be a gurning match about that...with their kids blaming the older generation again LOFL.