my rotten red starlet

alexf557

RMS Regular
Drives
aul scrap
In late august last year i made a terrible mistake.
I saves this stinker of a starlet for being pulled apart for export. It wears its 140k miles with pride, but suffers from some holey inner arches at the back. I've already had welding done on part of the axle support and replaced the whole exhaust in hopes of getting it MOTed within a year of owning it. I know fo sure it needs a new track bar, temp sensor and idle valve on top of the welding, but it weasled its way into my heart and i have no desire to part with it.
It's been serving well for little odd jobs about the property and fetching the odd trailer. (Or perhaps two)
I fell in love with the format that i bought a proton that's more of the same underneath. Same capacity engine, same layout of a lot of things, but 10 years fresher and with a horrible electric throttle. It's shared stables with other motors of varying states of disrepair, but it's currently the longest standing car on the fleet, second only to the avensis that started me off...
20220212_134258.jpg
20220215_164809.jpg
20220305_101253.jpg
20220305_150725.jpg
IMG_20210716_201755268.jpg
20211124_143834.jpg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've seen this car about somewhere but cant think where. Had noticed it because there aren't that many about these days.

alexf557

RMS Regular
OP
alexf557
Drives
aul scrap
I've seen this car about somewhere but cant think where. Had noticed it because there aren't that many about these days.
You wouldn't have seen it near McNultys scrapyard in burren?

alexf557

RMS Regular
OP
alexf557
Drives
aul scrap
Rarely out in Burren, must have been Warrenpoint/Rostrevor area somewhere though.
mine wouldn't have been out that far, but there is a red 4 door like mine that i've seen around the point

colin84

RMS Regular
My neighbour had one exactly the same, only there was no red left on it, the whole car was pink. I always wanted to run a polisher over half the car when he used to walk to work, leaving one side pink.

alexf557

RMS Regular
OP
alexf557
Drives
aul scrap
My neighbour had one exactly the same, only there was no red left on it, the whole car was pink. I always wanted to run a polisher over half the car when he used to walk to work, leaving one side pink.
Passenger side of mine was near white before it was attacked with Tcut, whatever Toyota put into their red green and blue paints loves to fade and crack the clear coat. Red is the most saveable of the 3 as best I can tell, green has a habit of eating the paint alive...

alexf557

RMS Regular
OP
alexf557
Drives
aul scrap
got a new part today that was meant to resolve an issue, and it's done nothing of the sort...
god I love 90s toyota electronics

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Would have spent time around burren in my youth with family in and around but wouldn't have known a scrapyard back then. Having said that, we were visiting, not looking for bits of cars.