BMW i4 M50 Road Test Video

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - This is BMW's new flagship EV, in the i4 range with this being the performance M50 model. BMW are no stranger to producing EVs over the last decade but this one is set up to be the big hitter due to its familiarity in this G26 platform and the i4 is akin to a 4 series Gran Coupe with the internal combustion engine and associated powertrain removed and replaced with batteries and in this case two electric motors, front and rear Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Nice review Andy. The other half likes the new 4 series so we went online to have a look. She has an M50 specd up in Brooklyn Grey and a test drive booked 😂

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Interesting watch, I'm considering one of these to replace the Tesla but this has kind of put me off it!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Interesting watch, I'm considering one of these to replace the Tesla but this has kind of put me off it!
We talk about the i4 M50 on the latest podcast - @Big Pimp had it back to back with a Model 3 performance.

It’s a great car, but you are coming from a different place to many prospective I4 owner.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
The I4 is a great looking car. No matter how hard I try I can’t get past the looks of the Tesla, it isn’t for me

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
The I4 is a great looking car. No matter how hard I try I can’t get past the looks of the Tesla, it isn’t for me

Just don't look at the front and it's fine 👃

Funny enough the front of the i4 is one of the things that puts me off it, I'm reluctant to own two cars in a row that I don't like the front of!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Just don't look at the front and it's fine 👃

Funny enough the front of the i4 is one of the things that puts me off it, I'm reluctant to own two cars in a row that I don't like the front of!
I’m one of the few that likes the big kidney grills. Except the new 7 series. It’s looks a bit odd.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
If you haven't driven a Tesla yet I would strongly encourage you to, I absolutely love mine.
Yes I have driven my friends a couple of times, but it’s hard to make any sort of real opinion over a couple of half hour journeys. Our household been driving fully electric for six years so understand it pretty well.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Ah ok, are you able to get the i4 for longer? I went over to Edinburgh for a test drive and took to the Tesla straight away, just loved the way it felt so different to drive with the wee chunky steering wheel, low dash and go-kart like handling.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I cancelled it rather than wasting his time, I wasnt going to order one with the 15 month wait
EV lead times are horrendous... in fact all lead times are crazy. What did you go for instead?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
One of these left my rs3 for dead coming of a roundabout from say 30 to a much higher speed the other day.