Berlingo Project

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Got a chance of this Berlingo as a none runner, and set about getting it back on the road with the help of my eldest son (7 years old). He kept at me that he wanted to learn to "mechanic" so thought this was as good an opportunity to do that. He loved it, his words were it's just like a big Lego!

Was bought off at least one cylinder, had a brand new turbo, and 4 injectors fitted to try and cure the problem but with no luck. Plan was to take engine out and strip it to see what happened, but fell in with a crashed running Berlingo, so robbed the engine from that and put it in.

Few pictures of how it arrived, tidy isn't the word!!

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

And into the garage to start stripdown

06.jpg

Front end off, he really enjoyed this, not sure if it was the battery gun and ratchet that was the main attraction though.
07.jpg

And engine out (the amount of stuff this crane lifted inbetween times was unreal though, bikes the lot!)
08.jpg

New clutch and timing belt fitted, the amount of questions about what it all done was endless. Think he might have been a few teeth out on one side fitting the belt, but all part of the learning.
09.jpg
10.jpg

All fitted and running - he was a bit disappointed he couldn't take it on it's trial run
11.jpg

Got a bit of a clean at the weekend, we also fitted H&R lowering springs with new shocks all round, 17" alloys, roof rails and a spoiler. Wanted to take the chevrons off the back, but paint was coming with them so just left alone! Waiting on new front arch liners coming from Citroen - on back order, so don't know when they will be in.

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

All in all a bit of fun with the wee man, and he really enjoyed it, and already being tortured for the next one.
Have been watching Salvage Rebuilds on YouTube quite a bit lately, and was joking with the wife that maybe we should do something similar!!

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Bit of a difference! Looks like a DV6xxxxx similar to mine, 92hp?

Yeah a 90hp. Bit of a weird one, we have loads of them in work and they generally give no bother at all.
I had one myself, 200k and all it ever got was regular servicing.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Class job, I’ve been after one for a long time as I’ve a smashed 308 sport there with a good donkey. See you have it for sale to?

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Yeah a 90hp. Bit of a weird one, we have loads of them in work and they generally give no bother at all.
I had one myself, 200k and all it ever got was regular servicing.
That's good to know :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
OP
AMG
Drives
Anything
Well more
he is only 7 and doing timing belts 😳

my wee lad needs to step his game up lol

the amount off questions is what gets me 😂
Well at the minute it's more of a case of remove that bolt, tighten that one etc. But I'll let him think that he done it for now!!!