Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart 1.5 Turbo MIVEC

Mark-4G15T

RMS Regular
Evening all, just thought I'd share what seems to be a rare sight on the roads over here. Not everyone's cup of tea in the looks department but more than capable of annoying much faster machinery and a joy to daily. If there are any other owners old and new on this forum, drop a photo and a quick hello 👋
IMG_20220822_165445_607.jpg

IMG_20220725_105806_125.jpg

Mark-4G15T

RMS Regular
OP
Mark-4G15T
That’s pretty funky looking! Sounds like a proper pocket rocket!
Yeah they're a bit marmite, commonly known as the "baby evo" the older shape resembled the lancer 8/9 whilst the face-lift took the evo X square jaw line.

Tends to go quite unnoticed at car meets and shows until the bonnet goes up and the bright orange engine cover with Turbo MIVEC peaks a bit more interest then 😅

Gambit

RMS Regular
puts you in mind of the old box shaped charade turbo (could include the GTTi also i guess) from the late 80s/90's - it looked like any other wee city car but went like stink and was a hoot to drive.

Mark-4G15T

RMS Regular
OP
Mark-4G15T
puts you in mind of the old box shaped charade turbo (could include the GTTi also i guess) from the late 80s/90's - it looked like any other wee city car but went like stink and was a hoot to drive.
Absolutely right, looks like something your nanny would drive down to the post office. Even on 35mm lowering springs it's still taller than most 2 storey buildings 😅

puzzlement13

RMS Regular
Good to see you here Mark! Always loved your shape more than mine! It's gone a few years now, I miss some aspects of it, especially when people just think it's your average 1l colt 😂

I do still dream of the Version Rs as a more practical car for me now.. so I would probably still revisit one lol
IMG_20221027_100015.jpg

Hope to see you about next year!
Good to see your still loving them!

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Glad to finally see a thread on this wee beasty Mark, was hoping to see one eventually! Definitely an underrated and underappreciated little car, but yours is a great example!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Glad to finally see a thread on this wee beasty Mark, was hoping to see one eventually! Definitely an underrated and underappreciated little car, but yours is a great example!
Absolutely underappreciated. Brill wee cars, very basic and just a flying tin i thought lol. Got an ex the 1.4 and was nippy enough and good jap sporty suspension, but not much else to it lol. Im sure its epic craic being the mivec :cool:

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I think these are class. Rarely see them for sale over here. There’s a white 5 door version r one in Lisburn I always see, looked into buying but he wasn’t for selling.

Mark-4G15T

RMS Regular
OP
Mark-4G15T
I think these are class. Rarely see them for sale over here. There’s a white 5 door version r one in Lisburn I always see, looked into buying but he wasn’t for selling.
Oooh a Version R? That's the dream right there. I work in Lisburn and never see one about. They never sold well in the UK overall, only 400 registered on the roads today.

Mark-4G15T

RMS Regular
OP
Mark-4G15T
Quick update...

So was up at Auto tune NI in Ballymena for a Dyno day with NI-MM and it ran some pretty impressive figures.

It may have had a bench map but with 1 previous elderly owner from new it would surprise me.

Still, good to know it's a strong, healthy engine so let the mods continue 🤙

PXL_20221105_144805760.MP.jpg