mk8 Fiesta ST

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Well hello there. Long time a member, recent lurker, but haven't posted in nearly 10 years!

Anyway with the discontinuation of the Fiesta in the near future and the country's move to hybrids/electric/automatics, I thought it was the right time to try out one of these little wagons before they're all gone and while there are still low mileage examples about. Petrol, turbo, manual what's not to like?

DSC_8271.jpg

DSC_8310.jpg

DSC_8244.jpg

DSC_8303.jpg

slinky2000

RMS Regular
OP
slinky2000
Drives
Fiesta ST
Had it for a week or so now. Its amazingly good fun. Plenty of pickup and go for standard form. I can see why the reviews are so good online.

The limited slip diff works great pulling you through the corners and gives so much confidence to the driver.

Sport mode is addictive, exhaust is slightly louder and a few mild pops between gear changes.

All that teamed up with plenty of comfort, a nice screen, great seats and loads of electric bits and bobs.

The only downside so far is the road noise is quite loud in the cabin, but that's me coming from driving a kodiaq for the last few months which was super quiet.

I was thinking about a few mods befire I bought it, a low line kit, lowering it ever so slightly and adding a few mm spacers but I'm not so sure now after the first week, it's in good shape as it is.

First mod is to get rid of the orange indicators

Last edited:

Jet9

RMS Regular
My son had one until last week. Miltek exhaust and Revo stage 2 map. Impressive power but a lot of wheel spin due to the light engine.
He loved it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
My daughter has a 2017 Zetec S with the 0.9L 3 pot turbo with 145bhp. Class wee thing, the road noise is really bad though, has huge camber on the rear and wears the edges quite quickly but it drives brilliantly.