TVR No3 Cerbera 4.5 Red Rose

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Yes I have a problem, I just love these things. For me there is just something about TVR’s, the way they drive, sound and look that is like nothing else I have ever owned. I don’t think we will ever see their likes again.

They are not without their issues but as soon as you get into one and start driving it nothing else for me comes close.

This was the last piece of my TVR puzzle and surprisingly the most difficult to find.

I had been looking on and off for a cerbera for quite a while to complete the collection, after practically no luck i took one last stab and posted a couple of wanted adds on Facebook groups and on Piston heads classifieds, I was very fortunate to be contacted by my new Cerbs previous owner just before it went on the market, the owner was selling to fund a Sagaris purchase and saw my wanted add on pistonheads classifieds while searching for his new car.

Phone calls, videos and an independent inspection done and she was mine.

It has been absolutely babied its whole life, well used but also extremely well looked after, full body off chassis refurb with everything replaced, respray, short induction, remap, exhaust, nitrons etc..

This one might actually be rarer than the Sagaris as it’s a factory Mk2 4.5 AjP V8 Red Rose in Cooper Green, still can’t quite believe I managed to bag it to be honest.

It’s currently sitting in the south of England getting a new set of carpets fitted (supplied by previous owner) and a service before it’s transported back to me next week all being well.

More pics to follow when the Blackpool Rocket arrives, That’s my TVR Holy Trinity complete.

At any given point in time one of them should be working, well that’s what I tell myself anyway !!

6D2F829E-2831-4214-819F-B061E0BE0B23.jpeg

AEEE5C9C-657A-4C19-AF67-33CAAB0BCB95.jpeg

Last edited:

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is an unreal collection you have now, how do you even pick a favourite to drive lol?

That's stunning though, I still remember seeing the burgundy Cerbera in Top Gear when they first came out and thinking wow, that's the dream right there!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
As I said to you the other day, you are seriously at the stage where your only real option is to get ‘Phil’ changed to ‘Trevor’ by deed poll

TVR made lots of incredible models but Speed 12 aside (and it doesn’t count as it was never properly released), the Cerbera has always been the daddy imo. I remember getting a run in one not long after they came out and being blown away by the noise, the power, the unique exterior and interior, just the whole drama of the car. They’re just so unique and different and we will never see anything like them again, and this looks like a really amazing example.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Blackpool rocket says it all…I still have a serious hankering for a TVR but I don’t think I have deep enough pockets for one. The Cerbera is My favourite of all the TVR’s. HTD

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
This is my favourite car on the forum! Absolutely love these and it looks like a clinker. Health to drive!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Some would say a collection of headaches 🤣

Think that’s more for the vauxhall afflicted???

Wow!! Awesome motor, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point!! Health to drive and enjoy

And look at you saying this is the last piece 😝 what’s next!??

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That looks amazing in green, lovely machine altogether, health to enjoy!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Thanks all really happy to have been able to get one of these again, now that the American market has opened up for them (25 yr rule) they are starting to be exported out of the country, the older ones are starting to increase in value again and good ones are getting hard to find. This one really is a testament to its previous custodians, the body off chassis refurb in itself cots an absolute fortune to do properly. Will get some pics of the underneath, it as clean as the top.

Think that’s more for the vauxhall afflicted???

Wow!! Awesome motor, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at some point!! Health to drive and enjoy

And look at you saying this is the last piece 😝 what’s next!??

It really is the last TVR that I wanted, I really am out of room for storage now.. What's next ? bigger garage :laughing:

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
What a thing, superb.

I remember racing a Cerbera for 30 miles through the Lake District when I had my Evo VI. The lasting memories are the TVR shooting flames on the overrun. What a experience that was.

I've always loved TVR's from I was a teenager, a friend who was Harrier pilot bought one with his first paycheck and I was just mesmerised by it.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Love how the engine is packaged. So clean.

HTD, what a collection you have now. :heart_eyes:

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Wow that is incredible! Great colour combo too…
I’d love a chimaera at some stage for the roof down/v8 experience.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Have you ever seen a more sinister looking engine :imp: What a collection you have, hope to see one of them at a meet at some point this year!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
That's amazing, I adore Cerberas.

Though I love all TVRs, it just has a special place in my heart because of that famous Clarkson video.

A nice little Griffith 500 to finish off the collection? 😏