Strange Activity Around Trackskills June Date!

V8

RMS Regular
Event Date
11 Jun 2023
I am writing this on the day after our May Trackskills event. It was fairly quiet and those who were there, were all satisfied by 5:45pm!

However, well before our May event took place, we had bookings in for our June date on the 11th. Not just one or two, but a good half dozen. This just doesn't normally happen!

Here we are on the Monday morning after yesterday's track day and we are already up to eleven cars booked. We have no idea why the 11th June is so popular but we thank all these early birds.

This is the line up so far:

Cars coming to the next track day on Sunday 11th June 2023 already include​

• VX220 NA
  • CRX Del Sol
  • Various BMWs
  • Caterham 420R
  • Porsche Cayman 987
  • Lotus Elise
  • Citroen C2 1.6
  • Various Westfields

Keep an eye on www.trackskills.com as the last grows.

If you are planning on running on the 11th June, it might be an idea to book soon. You can do that on the site.
header (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Can anyone give me a rundown of what you need to do on the day here?

When do you turn up? I see the first session is noon but if I remember last time someone took you out around the track showing you lines etc - I could do with that again.

Are spectators allowed in too? Again they used to be allowed in but could only get in in between sessions.

Anything else I should know? It's been years since I was here.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Aim to get there for 10 and get out for some interesting sighting laps, then kicks off around 12. Each group with generally have 2 sessions before lunch break usually 14:30ish then open sessions in the afternoon.

Pre lunch sessions usually broken up by class, road cars, beginners, track stuff, then mixture after lunch.

Spectators can come and go, they can always sign up as passenger and join you for some laps.

Don't forget to bring an extra set of brake pads 😅

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Aim to get there for 10 and get out for some interesting sighting laps, then kicks off around 12. Each group with generally have 2 sessions before lunch break usually 14:30ish then open sessions in the afternoon.

Pre lunch sessions usually broken up by class, road cars, beginners, track stuff, then mixture after lunch.

Spectators can come and go, they can always sign up as passenger and join you for some laps.

We passed last Sunday and I said we should come and watch but I could think of nothing worse being out as a passenger, I'd be terrified

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

Have my first one this weekend too. Is the brake pad thing legit? I doubt I'll be pushing that hard, and wouldn't fancy changing my brake pads at all nevermind up there 😂

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Have my first one this weekend too. Is the brake pad thing legit? I doubt I'll be pushing that hard, and wouldn't fancy changing my brake pads at all nevermind up there 😂

It doesn't take that long! Track pads will be fine, but you can quickly go through standard pads that can't handle the heat.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've never done a complete set of pads but I could easily see how it can be done, especially people trying to beast it down the back straight and into the hairpin, closely followed by Colonial one. I always use track pads though.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
It doesn't take that long! Track pads will be fine, but you can quickly go through standard pads that can't handle the heat.
I'm on standard pads that I don't know how long have been in. Hadn't planned to change them before I go 😂 might have to pick some up and hope for some help!

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I've got brake pads sorted - any time I went before with my Mazda I brought a spare set but never needed them.

Glad to hear it! Really wish I got my E92 to the track - you'll have to take me for a lap or two!
Gladly, once I find my feet 😂

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I’m not quite ready for this month sadly. Looking at helmets and trying to decide what to get. Would like to future proof a bit in case I go rallying.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I really wanted to get down this weekend but going on the lash for the Senior TT race and won't be fit on Sunday. May still call down for a look in the afternoon for a look though

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Unreal days craic. The Porsche absolutely surpassed all my expectations! Pleasure to meet you @G24NTR - and good to see you again @pizza85!

Loved both the M3 and the M4, was extremely jealous of your air con all day haha. I'm sifting through footage now but I've zero knowledge of what I'm doing so it might take me a while.

Have this pic on my phone. Also I'm completely and utterly roasted. I look like a nougat bar.

1686512318464.png

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Yeah that was brilliant. Was nervous as anything before the first session but everyone was very respectful of space which was good.

Couple of poor pics below, if either of you have any vids of me from the pitwall I'd be keen to have a look 😁 have one or two here too!
20230611_134701.jpg
20230611_134418.jpg
20230611_134351.jpg
20230611_134628.jpg

Attachments

• 20230611_134628.jpg
    20230611_134628.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 10