24volt cordless hammer drill SDS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Hello @lightning hows it going mate?

I'm after a new 24volt cordless hammer drill.

I've been using a panasonic EY6813 for the last few years, and its been a great drill, but having replaced both batteries now, its time for a change. Plus my brother has stolen it!!!

I use a DeWalt DCD 785C2 for most of my other screwing & drilling needs, but I'm looking for a bigger SDS hammer drill that'll last me for the years to come. Li-ion would be nice purely because the batteries don't seem to degenerate. I like DeWalt, so if you have something in that range which is at least as good as the Panasonic has been I'd like that (for continuity, and the fact i'm very impressed with my other DeWalt) , or if you have any other recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Ross

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hello @lightning hows it going mate?

I'm after a new 24volt cordless hammer drill.

I've been using a panasonic EY6813 for the last few years, and its been a great drill, but having replaced both batteries now, its time for a change. Plus my brother has stolen it!!!

I use a DeWalt DCD 785C2 for most of my other screwing & drilling needs, but I'm looking for a bigger SDS hammer drill that'll last me for the years to come. Li-ion would be nice purely because the batteries don't seem to degenerate. I like DeWalt, so if you have something in that range which is at least as good as the Panasonic has been I'd like that (for continuity, and the fact i'm very impressed with my other DeWalt) , or if you have any other recommendations, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Ross

I'd highly recommend the metabo, not cheap at £475+ but a superb piece of kit. It's the latest 2015 model that comes with 2x 5.2ah 36v batteries (most powerful on the market) and a 3 year warranty that includes battery cover. Hugely powerful but not too heavy. 2 chucks also.

We'll have a demo one going tomorrow at our annual open day 10am-9pm if your about and want to try it?

KHA 36 LTX (600795650) Cordless Hammer | Metabo

2r4mrlg.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
If I can get a swing round tomorrow I will, but for my needs that's maybe a bit too much for me! It'll be used once per week at most I'd guess and whilst the metabo is clearly a fantastic unit I think it'd be the proverbial sledgehammer to crack a walnut!

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
If I can get a swing round tomorrow I will, but for my needs that's maybe a bit too much for me! It'll be used once per week at most I'd guess and whilst the metabo is clearly a fantastic unit I think it'd be the proverbial sledgehammer to crack a walnut!

No worries, also have a dewalt deal ordered, you get 2 machines, an sds hammer drill, heavy duty standard drill, 2x 4.0 batteries, case and charger. £289+. Won't be in till mid September. Also have nice 18v metabo sds machines in stock that will drill up to 24mm, can show you them working if your up tomorrow, they may only be 18v but they're very well geared.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.