2k aerosol lacquer

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Hi there,

Anyone know where I could get 2k lacquer in aerosol form in or around Belfast?

I'm wanting to lacquer wheels I'm refurbishing. My understanding is 2k will give a much better and more durable finish.

Cheers,

Warren.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
pretty sure car and colour will mix it for you

but it will go off in the can in 2/3 hrs as it has the hardner mixed in

also you need to be careful not to breathe that stuff in

eamon343

RMS Regular
Ive got a few cans off ebay where you pull a pin at the bottom of the can to release the hardener. But ive never seen it locally

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
Cheers all, car and colour do indeed do it.

Yup, thanks I know it's nasty stuff. I'll be wearing best mask I have and doing it outside

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
If you really really need to use 2k then a Gerson 8000E mask will give you a fighting chance, still not ideal though. Wear goggles too and cover up as much skin as possible. Careful of close neighbours too if you have any.

Personally I wouldn't be risking it but that's just me. Maybe I'm being over cautious.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We sell it, the aerosol can comes with an activator at the bottom that you release into the can. Superb stuff but it goes off in a few days so there can be quite a bit wasted for small jobs.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
OP
roverspeed
Drives
Insignia
After seeing the price of it, I decided to just stick with 1k for the sake of a cheap wheel refurb!

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
The difference between the 1k and 2k is night and day. Id go 2k all day long

100%, just use it outside and depending on wind direction, if your having issues with the neighbours, you can engage in some chemical warfare 😂