2nd Car Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am considering buying a toy for the better weather, my question is who do you guys use?

It will be a modified car and will only do around 5k per year. My BM is currently insured with Adrian Flux.

Last edited:

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP

I already have my car and wife's car insured under me. S3 was coming in at crazy prices as its third policy and couldn't mirror my ncb.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I already have my car and wife's car insured under me. S3 was coming in at crazy prices as its third policy and couldn't mirror my ncb.

I take it some companies will mirror the NCB for the 2nd car?

Walder

RMS Regular
Jump into this one

Father in law has two cars now as my mother in law recently passed away.

An auris the good car

Polo for taking the dogs out

Is there anyway he can insure both cars on the one policy as tbh he only will do 8k all year on both.

RevT

RMS Regular
Admirla usually offer a decent deal using their multicar. They allow modifications also as I had my AE86 on a classic policy last year with them with everything declared.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

Is the s3 over 15 years old? Go with Autoline, my s6 was £160 a year on a restricted mileage classic policy.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Admiral multicar is surprisingly cheap, and I couldnt fault the service when I was with them either.

Same here. All 3 of ours (seat bocanegra, fiat 500x and a camaro import) on the Admiral multicar policy. Never had problems online or dealing with them on the phone but then again, not made any claims in the last 2 years either. The seat and fiat are both insured SDP+commuting but the camaro is down for 5k miles social. hope that helps.

ST Kyle

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335i
I am considering buying a toy for the better weather, my question is who do you guys use?

It will be a modified car and will only do around 5k per year. My BM is currently insured with Adrian Flux.
Flux mirrored my no claims on the Fiesta when I moved them to the new car with elephant.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I was with Admiral Multicar previously but when it came to renewal it wasnt really much cheaper than 2 policy's with other companies. Though ive the TT insured with Greenlight and modified (was also with Admiral multi car and modified).

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Direct line does multicar and it mirrors the no claims.the best part is if you drive sensibly and have no problems they give the ncbs discount for that car.so no need to mirror or earn it.Not sure if they still do it though.i had it a few years ago.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Aviva also do multi car and came in much cheaper than Admiral for me this year. They also don't charge admin fees for minor changes which is nice

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Greenlight and the classic dept of flux for the older stuff (can remember name). The flux policies cost less than the road tax IIRC

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Flux are having a laugh, £1100 for a wrx Impreza, despite it being 5k a year mileage and garaged. Driving 13+ years with a clean licence and 11yrs NCB mirrored over! Double what I pay for the BMW.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Flux are having a laugh, £1100 for a wrx Impreza, despite it being 5k a year mileage and garaged. Driving 13+ years with a clean licence and 11yrs NCB mirrored over! Double what I pay for the BMW.
I understand wat your sayin flux where give a very high quote on a polo cause it was lowered more than 60mm on coilovers

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
That's more like it, £499 fully comp with like for like cover on upgraded parts with Greenlight. They also do full comp track day cover for £45 per day....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.