306 dash centre section

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Anyone know how to remove the centre section on of the dash on a 306? I'm talking about the bit with the hazard switch, fog light switch etc... below the radio.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
tlc and a fine screwdriver i rekon ! or else pull out the ash tray and reach up in and see if theres clips to pop off ?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
if you remove your cigarette lighter, you can pull the edge of the dash off, then unclip it as you go

Yeungster

Clock surround (lower section) will pop out, so lever it carefully, making sure you dont scratch it. This will allow you to access where the buttons are.
To access the upper half, take out headunit, on either side of the headunit slot, from behind there are 2 brass nuts. Undo these carefully taking care not to drop them behind the dash. Unscrew the screws securing the heater controls from the fascia panel. Top half will then pop out

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Cheers mate - haven't tried it yet, but that sounds just like how I imagined it to be fixed - just didn't know where the hidden screws etc were.

dturbopug

Bryan said:
Cheers mate - haven't tried it yet, but that sounds just like how I imagined it to be fixed - just didn't know where the hidden screws etc were.

There aint no screws just clips, edge it out with a small screw driver and she will just pop out!!! And under neath are the screws to remove the uppper section if you were planning on colouring the whole centre console, which looks well!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.