306 electrics

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

snout

i love pug 306's i have owned 3 so far, but holy *** the electrics are driving me nuts!ne1 else in the same boat??.. :x

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
errr... no. what in particular is driving you nuts? I put a car phone kit in, a CB and a light relay thingy with big hassles...

Cormac

RMS Regular
The wiring loom for electric windows and central locking do give bother, But on a whole the electrics arnt the prob, more bushings and the **** french invention called a torsion bar :-(

Cormac

Bryan

RMS Regular
No electrical problems with mine either - apart from one time when the battery went flat and the cat 1. alarm went crazy - but it's not a Peugeot fitment.

I have more problems with balljoints, droplink arms and tyres than electrics.

snout

OP
snout
The wiring loom for electric windows has broke and it has taken out the sunroof with it..was told the loom alone is going to cost £86 and no1 wants to put it in because of the work it takes and the hassle!..its driving me nuts because i have been driving round for the last 4weeks with no windows r sunroof in the sun..

Yeungster

I would suggest using the air con, but then again. They are useless in the 306 too!

No problems with the 306's I've owned

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Why not just buy a manual mechanism then and you will have no more bother with electric windows???

Bryan

RMS Regular
A lot of cars do that light thing mate - usually down to a dodgy earth wire or poor connectors on the lights.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
TheFlyinFox said:
The wiring loom for electric windows has broke and it has taken out the sunroof with it

thankfully thats one problem bestowed on us by pug, that i'll never have to deal with :p

Cormac

RMS Regular
TheFlyinFox said:
The wiring loom for electric windows has broke and it has taken out the sunroof with it..was told the loom alone is going to cost £86 and no1 wants to put it in because of the work it takes and the hassle!..its driving me nuts because i have been driving round for the last 4weeks with no windows r sunroof in the sun..

Its usually just one wire thats nipped in the wiring harness that goes through the door, Have a look urself and see if u can see any bare wires, mite save u a few quid in the process!

Cormac

snout

OP
snout
i gona have a look at it myself..were do u think i should look at the loom itself r take the panel off the door and the wires in behind it??would be fukin great if i could get it fixed myself..

Bryan

RMS Regular
That's where I'd check first - in my car (I dunno if yours will be the same or not) there's a stupid circular connector where the wires go into the door - I know for a fact some of the wires going through it are broken but everything still functions on my car so they must be extra wires.

But if all of your windows aren't working and the sunroof's not working either it might be the fuse? It might seem like a stupid question, but have you checked it?

If you have and the fuse is ok - you need to check for power before the fuse. According to my 306 manual fuse number 29 (should be 30amp) controls the front electric windows and the sunroof. Start there.

snout

OP
snout
yep dat was the first thing i checked!..would there be a reply maybe under the bonnet for the electric windows??isnt the loom the bunch of wires dat are covered with the male conection on it between the door and the pillar of the car?so the wire dat im am lukin for dat may be nip'd is among the bunch of wires dat is connected to the male side of the loom??sorry for all the questions!!!...

Bryan

RMS Regular
Did you check for power at either side of the fuse 29?

I don't think there's a relay under the bonnet for the electric windows but I don't have a Haynes manual to refer to. I would imagine the relays are located somewhere around the fuse box.

so the wire dat im am lukin for dat may be nip'd is among the bunch of wires dat is connected to the male side of the loom??

With all those "dat's" in that sentence I can't answer your question because I don't understand what were asking!

Cormac

RMS Regular
TheFlyinFox said:
yep dat was the first thing i checked!..would there be a reply maybe under the bonnet for the electric windows??isnt the loom the bunch of wires dat are covered with the male conection on it between the door and the pillar of the car?so the wire dat im am lukin for dat may be nip'd is among the bunch of wires dat is connected to the male side of the loom??sorry for all the questions!!!...

After 5 reads think i get u IoI

Rite if i were u id check the fuse first, There is a relay for the windows, Im not sure were it is tho maybe bryan would have a look at his haynes manual and let us no!

If its not the relay then its most likely Broken switch/broken wire/fooked regulator

Elimate the above and u should find the problem, Happy hunting

Cormac

Bryan

RMS Regular
Since you're not far away I'll come and have a look at it for you and see if I can find anything if you want...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.