306 Heater / Aircon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
The heater controls in my 306 have given up the ghost. The two knobs on the left don't work (they control speed and temperature), but the cable operated third knob (which controls the direction of the air) does work. The aircon lights don't come on either, so I'm guessing its some kind of electrical issue (typical Peugeot..)

The fans are blowing heated air, so theres nothing wrong with the actual heater matrix.

I've checked the fuses and they are fine, and I've taken the centre console out and checked the wiring, everything seems intact.

Anyone out there have any idea what else I could try next??

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
No real joy there but cheers anyway ryan.

I think I'm going to buy another heater controls unit off ebay and give that a go.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Lyons ye oul Granda, overtaking a lorry at 60mph on the motorway :party:

Anto, the two left knobs don't work, the air coming out is always on hot regardless of where the knob is and I can't adjust the speed the air flows at. The knob in the right does work though and I can direct the air to my feet/windscreen etc. The two left knobs are electrically controlled whereas the one on the right pulls a cable, so it's definitely an electrical problem considering the aircon light won't come on either when the button is pressed.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Had this problem too.
Take all the fascia panels off the centre console.
There should be a white lever just below where the clock would sit.Flick it and that should be job done.
Ive no idea what moved mine in the first place but that solved my problem.

This however was on a phase 2 so not electronically controlled.Try it and see...

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
No lever on mine lad, all electronic..

RCT

RMS Regular
Sounds like a heater resistor. I know they used to go on the Xantia's and the aircon one is way dearer than an non aircon In around £90:eek: . Not too sure whether it'd be the same part as in your 306. You can sometimes fix them by re-soldering them. That could be one part of your problem fixed.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Where abouts is the resister found mate? Is it on the circuit board inside the heater controls unit itself?

RCT

RMS Regular
Ive never done one on a 306 so im not too sure exactlly where it is but it is in behind the controls at the heater box. You might get at it from the passengers footwell if you get the glovebox out, but your has aircon and there ain't nuch of a glovebox to take out to get room to work. Get a mechanic to check it out for you if your not sure. Don't quote me on it being the fix for the problem but it's worth getting it checked out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.