306 washer jets

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny

RMS Regular
the washer jets on my car are forever clogging up, and need blasted out once a week with a good powerful airline and then adjusted agin to let them hit the windscreen, is it much of a task to replace the jets themselves or what other options do i have, the pump is in good condition as it's still pumpin the water at a good rate when the hose is disconnected from the pipes leading to the jets.

Any advice much appreciated :grinning:

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
The washer tank must be full of crap if the jets keep clogging up. Its not a big job to replace the jets, they should just pull out of the bonnet. Or you could put ones on from a 405(clips to the wiper itself). Clean out the washer tank as well

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
:laughing:

they'll go well with my cb radio aerial and rally slag style mud flaps :laughing:

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
You can get new xsara or 307 washer jets that spray a fine mist on the windscreen for about £5 from citroen or peugeot.Dont know if they work any better to be honest?

Bryan

RMS Regular
My passenger washer jet hardly ever works.

I just positioned the drivers one to squirt on both sides ;-)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've Xsara ones on mine, they work a lot better than the standard ones, although they do hit the screen a bit low, and can't be adjusted!

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
how low is low amg??

is it a really straight forward job to get the xsara ones to fit, the car is a 2000 hdi

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I think they just clip in and out jdm they are the same connections under the bonnet.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
jdm said:
how low is low amg??

is it a really straight forward job to get the xsara ones to fit, the car is a 2000 hdi
Just above the wipers, but they seem to work OK!!!

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
got the xsara one's fitted on saturday with a bit of brute force and ignorance :lol:

yep they're a good job, this visibility things really handy :laughing:

cheers for the advice folks, much appreciated :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.