308 Gt Line

Discussion in 'Members Cars' started by gsmith, Jan 11, 2019.

1. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    So the wife’s a class was no good for the new arrival coming so 3 days before Christmas the wife spied this 11 months old with 7k on it every option and it really does have some spec nicer to drive than the Mercedes and has more toys. Really has surprised me how good it is. Merc had to go as the boot wouldn’t take the pram but this is perfect. Charles hurst Peugeot so far have been superb which after past experience wasn’t something I’d thought I’d ever say.
    Top spec 1.6 bluehdi glass roof front and rear sensors xenons etc. Only thing I’ve done so far is give it a buff and wax as it had clearly been car washed for the past 10 months anyway some photos.
    63AD469D-61CA-489F-A8AB-4371E46B36C7.jpeg
    B66A62DE-D8F4-4E9D-A378-6457F03446C0.jpeg
    A0B53E8D-6409-46D3-9DE8-756B786F2F9D.jpeg
    A8EBABEA-3C8B-4423-9CFE-28703D70DD82.jpeg
    AB6E9C7D-863D-4BFF-93E7-6FFF1FD5B4E7.jpeg
    7485CFD9-016D-47F1-91F6-C318F95072CB.jpeg
    BCDBAFD4-A14A-42A1-9495-ED17634138BD.jpeg
    A33697E4-A8EF-4AD8-B0A0-CB8EE3E2B338.jpeg

Attached Files:

Gus, Neil_M, Steviegsi and 28 others like this.
  2. Woodcutter RMS Trader

Woodcutter
    Drives:
    P&C Pug Partner
    That is gorgeous, great spec, a wise choice I have to say. Good to see someone who isn't blinded by a German badge.

I bet it's a much nicer place to be than the A-Class with its Renault engine!

I tried the new 308 GTI and it's a belter.

gsmith likes this.
  3. dh1079 RMS Regular

dh1079
    Drives:
    loads
    Nice well kitted cars

gsmith likes this.
  4. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Thanks @Woodcutter Really is fantastic so much nicer than the a class. To be honest if you set this beside any off the German stuff I think this looks as nice if not nicer than its competitors. The whole Peugeot brand now looks great and really well kitted out. We made a really good saving on this with it being nearly a year old. Drives really well has adaptive drive and the suspension is perfect holds the road really well.

Woodcutter likes this.
  5. ChrisL RMS Regular

ChrisL
    Drives:
    Subaru STi
    Peugeot punt out some lovely looking cars these days

gsmith likes this.
  6. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Do indeed @ChrisL definitely surprised me how good some off there new models are again can’t recommend Peugeot hursts on the Boucher enough really have changed my thoughts on hursts for the better. Sales guy and sales manager couldn’t do enough for us. Offered us good money for the a class more than other dealers and where happy to have it inside for me twice to make sure I was happy with the bodywork side of things.

m00k, Jonesy and ChrisL like this.
  7. Woodcutter RMS Trader

Woodcutter
    Drives:
    P&C Pug Partner
    The new 508 is absolutely superb!

IMG_1890.JPG

redanni, Nigelo, gsmith and 1 other person like this.
  8. MarkM RMS Regular

MarkM
    Drives:
    F82 M4 CP
    The dash binnacle freaks me out but they’ve got such a nice ass on them, all the best with it (y)

gsmith likes this.
  9. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Thanks pal I’ve found the tiny steering wheel and the clocks hard to get used to but after a few hundred miles it’s starting to look normal. :grinning:

MarkM likes this.
  10. gpaevo RMS Regular

gpaevo
    Drives:
    F31 BMW
    Had one of those as a hire car a few years back, same colour and spec. It was great to drive, I really fancy that generation GTI.

gsmith likes this.
  11. redanni RMS Regular

redanni
    Drives:
    MK7 R / MK2 RS
    Great looking car that(y)

gsmith likes this.
  12. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    They had a gti sitting down there I showed it to the wife but it would have been wasted on her plus this is doing nearly 60mpg.

gpaevo and redanni like this.
  13. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Thanks pal. (y)

redanni likes this.
  14. southsky sunrise RMS Regular

southsky sunrise
    Drives:
    Old skool
    Stunning Graham, not be long till the little ones up and has it wrecked :joy: lol oj mate health to drive it to put fuel in...:p

gsmith likes this.
  15. zafturbo RMS Regular

zafturbo
    That is really smart but at a guess it’s well into the £30k,s.imagine the trade in price in 12 -18 months down the line lol.you would loose about £20k if the last 408 , 508 is anything to go by.

16. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Cheers Fred. And don’t please don’t the wife has told me this car is actually going to get dirty. :monkey:

southsky sunrise likes this.
  17. Lee A RMS Regular

Lee A
    Drives:
    Accord types k24
    Looks well on the outside that. Interior wouldn't be my cup of tea though that dash is pretty odd.

gsmith likes this.
  18. Lappintyre RMS Regular

Lappintyre
    Drives:
    C350e/ST3
    Peugeot have made a bit of a come back recently, pumping out much better looking and quality cars

gsmith likes this.
  19. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    I still find it abit odd myself but more because there’s literally no buttons anywhere. Everything works through the screen nav radio heater controls. The only buttons on the car is door locks volume control.

Lee A likes this.
  20. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Really have when we where in the showroom they had a crossover jeep thing and even it looked really well. Only thing worries me is the diamond cut wheels.

21. Lappintyre RMS Regular

Lappintyre
    Drives:
    C350e/ST3
    The 3008/5008 won multiple awards last year iirc, would have loved one for the wife but well out of budget.

Surely the wheels will have a corrosion warranty?

gsmith likes this.
  22. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    They do indeed iam thinking more off them kerbs that “jump out” :joy:

Lappintyre likes this.
  23. Deckz RMS Regular

Deckz
    Drives:
    Cars
    Looks the part.
    Whats the difference in the GT & the GT Line?

gsmith likes this.
  24. gsmith RMS Regular

gsmith
    Haven’t a clue. This is a gt line model although there is a few different specs in the gt line but this has every option ticked which is nice. The glass roof is brilliant has an electric blind which is nice.

25. Gambit RMS Regular

Gambit
    They are a smart looking car, always see a gti on my way to work and always think I'd drive that myself.

gsmith likes this.