308SW GT Line (Pics now working)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

migs

RMS Regular
So with baby No 1 having just arrived we needed to upgrade wifeys 2014 Mini Cooper. We spent all of about 7 minutes looking at the BMW 1 Series and Mercedes A-Class, which were her first 2 choices. Boot space clearly was the issue, as well as baby, we have a little fox terrier and we would be making frequent trips to and from the North Coast to her parents house in Portstewart. I had my sensible head on and working for Peugeot in a situation where I had access to a range of cars, I knew I could persuade her into a 308 estate! Not just as easy as it seemed lol After some driving and looking and arguing... and fighting lol we settled on this 2016 308SW GT Line 1.6BlueHDi 120bhp Auto! Id of liked the 180bhp GT spec but I knew I couldn't just push my luck that far lol Surprisingly her first comment was... "It's sitting very high" No problem darling let me just get you some 30mm springs for that! lol Other than that the only other things I might do is fit spacers to set the wheels out a little and de-chrome it! We have it about a month now and she loves the auto box... Spec wise it's up there... Nav, DAB, F+R sensors with rear view camera, Full LED headlights, Apple car play etc

This is how it sits at the minute...

She's a little cross tho as I landed home this evening in the facelift 308 lol I told her if she's good she can have one next year lol

Last edited:

colin84

RMS Regular
If you have the pictures saved, click on "upload a file" at the bottom of the comment box.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I do like the shape of these, wheels suit it well (y)

The colour difference in the bumpers to the rest of the body would annoy me though

Lee

RMS Regular
Holy crap I didn't think a modern Peugeot could look so good. Almost a bit Jaguar-ish at the back.

Nice plate also.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Three of the guys in work have these in the blue/purple they come in.

Great looking cars, think its a shame you cant get the GTi in the estate though!

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Never seen one of these before.

Looks great!

What's the box like in them?

migs

RMS Regular
OP
migs
Never seen one of these before.

Looks great!

What's the box like in them?
The box is very good... It's a big improvement over the EGC box in the old 3008! Dual clutch as far as I'm aware!

migs

RMS Regular
OP
migs
Holy crap I didn't think a modern Peugeot could look so good. Almost a bit Jaguar-ish at the back.

Nice plate also.

Thank you bud... I wanted "MIG 5" to tie in with my nickname but it's currently for sale at £28,745 All the 5's where purchased and on the car and I still had change out of £500 lol

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
For a Peugeot these are just brilliant. Had one as a hire car in June and i loved driving it.

Comfort, space all the toys. And at a guess? A lot cheaper than the alternatives.

Nice driving thing it was too.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Nice looking car and very well kitted out. I had the use of a more basic one a while ago while doing some contract work, really easy car to drive but I found the tiny steering wheel a bit weird

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
That's a smart looking wagon, I have never saw one before. Peugeot are definately getting back on track with their design.

Good job on the baby, you can never have enough space. :joy:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Very nice Jamie. Hope you got a good price on it :p

Congrats on the baby arrival too

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
This is a nice looking car and obviously not too common. If you put Audi badges on it, you'd have people chasing you down for a closer look.

Apart from vans and 3008s, I'd kind of forgotten about Peugeot, although the bigger one (508?) had caught my eye.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
That's looks really really well! So much better than what they were putting out a few years back. Interior looks really well put together.
Just by you having his and hers and the comment on another one next year, I'm guessing you don't need to worry about the legendary reliability or resale!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That's looks really really well! So much better than what they were putting out a few years back. Interior looks really well put together.
Just by you having his and hers and the comment on another one next year, I'm guessing you don't need to worry about the legendary reliability or resale!

Jamie runs the local Peugeot garage here.

migs

RMS Regular
OP
migs

Jamie runs the local Peugeot garage here.

@saxo_man Thank you Adam... I think your predictive text might be broken... Jamie "works in" the local Peugeot Garage haha

@hutchy_belfast Luckily no issues when it comes to warranty work or resale, one advantage of working for Peugeot for sure!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
great choice - i have been in a 3008 GT all week and it is fantastic, if a little pricey for what it is

migs

RMS Regular
OP
migs
great choice - i have been in a 3008 GT all week and it is fantastic, if a little pricey for what it is

Peugeot where knocking on the door when this model 308 was released but they have absolutely nailed it with the 3008SUV! Yes, a little pricey but we have found people are seeing past the price, and buying into the tech and the design/looks! Sales have been very good so far, it will be interesting to see residuals when they become available in the second hand market tho!

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Had a 308 out on hire in Italy and i thought it was a nice wee car. I loved the small steering wheel. That's a really smart looking car

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Peugeot where knocking on the door when this model 308 was released but they have absolutely nailed it with the 3008SUV! Yes, a little pricey but we have found people are seeing past the price, and buying into the tech and the design/looks! Sales have been very good so far, it will be interesting to see residuals when they become available in the second hand market tho!
We bought a 208 diesel last year, 6 months old and it hasn't dropped more than £1k in value from what we paid which is surprising and also good

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.