335 AYE!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Having a garage clear out and found the hel braided front brake lines I never got round to fitting. Do you want these before I stick them on fleabay?
0F1A1299-F7D3-4E8A-A731-26C31C58B2CE.jpeg
6169AAE9-2E5B-4D46-90FA-558402D09557.jpeg

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Having a garage clear out and found the hel braided front brake lines I never got round to fitting. Do you want these before I stick them on fleabay?View attachment 220832View attachment 220833

YEZZIR - I'll take them off you for a bargain if your price is right?? ;)

I'll likely be doing the brakes around easter time hopefully - would be a good compliment for it.

Quick plan around Easter is:
Buy All new quality discs, pads and maybe these...
Send wheels away for refurb / use black ones whilst away
When wheels come back, up on the lift, wheels off, clean all around wheel wells, replace the above
remove back box and make the mod on it, waxoil below whilst its off
remove side undertrays, clean and waxoil, refit undertrays
clean and paint anything below thats looking grubby
New tires on refurbed rims, fit spacers.
Good tight Clean inside and out.

it wont be a perfect recondition in below but as long as it protects it for the years to come - Im used to getting cars that either have been done before or too far gone to care at this point but this is the newest car ive ever had so would like to take preventative measures now, whether i keep it or sell it on.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Ah right, probably could do with that then, whilst the rattle fix through the map has helped, it still rattles.... Never noticed before but the cats must have dampened it

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Micro update !
Have the car it's first coat of wax since it was buffed and protected, must have been washed 20 times since and I'm glad to see no swirls still.

IMG_20190224_175141.jpg
IMG_20190224_175028.jpg
IMG_20190224_175008.jpg

Also had a go at wrapping all the interior trim... Looks ok from far but if I want perfection I'll have to get a pro for I've no patience for it, steering wheel ended up alright though!

IMG_20190225_204630.jpg
IMG_20190225_204638.jpg
IMG_20190225_204644.jpg

So I've discs and pads ordered with @Woodcutter and the braided lines from @Boabybooster and will tackle them once I've my wife's cars brakes sorted & serviced.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
What's next, wind deflectors?

Next will be the brakes and cleaning under each corner, then after that will be the exhaust mod but only until it's through mot (17th May) for I don't want to have to worry about it for a long while!

Literally the most perfect daily ever to be created imo

Friend owned it after boaby

Wish i wasent so poor sometimes

Keep the updates coming

Aye it's nice enough and the fuel bill is fairly dampened cause I don't get to drive it too often, would be too brutal on fuel to keep if you had to drive it every day! Stewart your mate? That jeep he had was some tool!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Next will be the brakes and cleaning under each corner, then after that will be the exhaust mod but only until it's through mot (17th May) for I don't want to have to worry about it for a long while!

Aye it's nice enough and the fuel bill is fairly dampened cause I don't get to drive it too often, would be too brutal on fuel to keep if you had to drive it every day! Stewart your mate? That jeep he had was some tool!
I used to do 50 miles plus a day in it Monday to Friday. +o(

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Did I see this heading into Ballymoney today, heading towards Charlotte Street? Not to many 335i estates about the town so I was wondering if it was this!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
I used to do 50 miles plus a day in it Monday to Friday. +o(

That would be a boaker! Since I got it, I only had use of it 1 week in August, 4 days in October, Christmas period and then since 22nd of this month but still have managed 5 tanks through it so I couldn't imagine what it'd be like every single day.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
That would be a boaker! Since I got it, I only had use of it 1 week in August, 4 days in October, Christmas period and then since 22nd of this month but still have managed 5 tanks through it so I couldn't imagine what it'd be like every single day.
Think I was averaging low 30s so not horrendous. Probably should get a derv for my commute but could never bring myself to it.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Fine looking car & I'm sure it goes well to. These looking great in the touring style !when i was looking for a 335d to buy it had to be either the saloon or the touring. Generally speaking in most cars i prefer a coupe ( as they look more sporty & stuff) but i think in these e90s the saloon or touring look abit more macho or something lol, i think the coupes look abit " hairdressery" lol anyway best o luck with it mate.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Ok so I have the discs and pads from woodcutter and the braided front brake lines from boabybooster sitting, and also bought a set of wheels from supermoto_77.

The original plan was to clean under all 4 corners, re-paint the brakes, fit the lines, discs and pads and once the wheels come back from re-furb that would complete the puzzle.

Only, after a test fit, I'm not that decided on the wheels! 🙄

Give me a hand guys, mv4s or inspiri? I'll attach a photo of the colour I was thinking...

IMG-20190322-WA0015.jpg

That colour...

IMG_20190322_132259.jpg
IMG_20190322_132246.jpg
IMG_20190322_132252.jpg

Stance is better but do they cheapen the look of the car??