350z remap

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Just picked up on some things over the years. But the whole mapping in Ireland is riddled with bullsheite. Few on here used tdp too,

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Just picked up on some things over the years. But the whole mapping in Ireland is riddled with bullsheite. Few on here used tdp too,

Ok cool. I'd be interested in hearing from someone with experience on the matter.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
From memory @ChrisL had his mapped using the UpRev software. Pretty sure it was Wicklow or somewhere that neck of the woods he went.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
It was TDP that supplied the RR time but the map was done by Mark at Abbey Motorsport.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
No just found his thread ... It was done by Mark from Abbey Motorsport. Think he was over for some track day.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wouldn't bother with a map unless you are going forced induction ... My UpRev map cost me £380 and made no real difference ... Better throttle response and that was it.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Wouldn't bother with a map unless you are going forced induction ... My UpRev map cost me £380 and made no real difference ... Better throttle response and that was it.

Did you just remap or did you have any other mods?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Did you just remap or did you have any other mods?

Uprev, Nismo Exhaust, HFC's, XYZ Pipe and Intakes ... Made some difference but not enough to warrant the guts of £400

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Uprev, Nismo Exhaust, HFC's, XYZ Pipe and Intakes ... Made some difference but not enough to warrant the guts of £400

What year was your Z?

£/bhp it's much worse value than a forced induction car, that I accept. However that's why I started this thread, to see if there was anyone local who can competently remap these cars for reasonable money.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Id just take it to Autotune. They will leave it with a sharper throttle reponse and a bit more power.

My zed was 2008 so it was the dual throttle HR engine.

However the DE and Uprev engines tune better ... still not huge gains but will see more than an HR engined zed.

brendy

RMS Regular
I dont think headline BHP increases are the way to look at it, as @dingle has said, driveability, if it smooths out the torque curve lower down the range, moving off, overtaking without having to drop a gear etc, id pay £450 and accept it isnt going to make it much faster on paper but feels better to drive.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Id just take it to Autotune. They will leave it with a sharper throttle reponse and a bit more power.

My zed was 2008 so it was the dual throttle HR engine.

However the DE and Uprev engines tune better ... still not huge gains but will see more than an HR engined zed.

Ah yes that's why I asked - Mine is a DE, there is much more to be gained from these primarily due to design flaws that were later corrected.
I would agree that if I had an HR I wouldn't touch it.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
I dont think headline BHP increases are the way to look at it, as @dingle has said, driveability, if it smooths out the torque curve lower down the range, moving off, overtaking without having to drop a gear etc, id pay £450 and accept it isnt going to make it much faster on paper but feels better to drive.

CORRECT!

This has been exhaustively documented on the 350z forum - So I haven't arrived here on a whim and I'm not seeking advice on whether I should do this or not. Anyone that has taken this route with a DE 350z has been happy with the outcome.

I'm just trying to find the easiest / most cost effective way of doing it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

Well I did say it increased throttle response, but 450 isnt small change and you see little to no benefits if im honest. I only did the map as it was one of very few things left to do to my car.

If you are happy to pay it then I would go for it, that being said mine was done by the best in the business for Nissans and even he mentioned "Have you thought about forced induction instead" ...

All down to what you want its your car im just giving my opinion from a previous owner ... DE engines are alot easy to get those limited benefits from I will say that ...

Great cars though!

Cheapest way ... Autotune
"Best" way in the eyes of the enthusiasts ... Abbey as they are one of the best Nissan tuners. They use the UpRev software also which is a global tuning setup and seems to be the best.

Bronk

RMS Regular
get a before and after rolling road report and over lap and then you can decide if it was worth it :grinning:

brendy

RMS Regular
get a before and after rolling road report and over lap and then you can decide if it was worth it :grinning:
That only shows a full throttle pull in 4th gear though matey, switching lanes in 3nd gear in low or mid revs wouldnt show on that basis. NA cars are generally lacking in torque low down and a few extra lbs can make a difference instead of dropping a gear which takes that second when you could already be on the manoeuvre.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Only thing I can maybe compare it to would be maybe like in a e46 m3. Like sport button and normal driving. Some difference in throttle response in them from a different map switching between them

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Only thing I can maybe compare it to would be maybe like in a e46 m3. Like sport button and normal driving. Some difference in throttle response in them from a different map switching between them

Is this a hypothetical comparison or one based on your experience of driving these cars?

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Is your car your pride and joy mate? if it is, id be taking it to Abbey. Simple as that imo.