3series BMW model help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
currently looking at changing my 2010 218 e90 msport to something newer and quicker!

I've came across two cars which have identicle spec, mileage colour price etc, I'm lost tho as they are described as the following-

Car 1. 330d blue performance msport sport auto
Car 2. 330d msport step auto

Which car is the one to look at?
Basically can someone translate the ads

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Maybe post links to ads. Don't think the performance means anything in the first one unless it's something to do with a body kit as in a performance diffuser.

JonM

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
It's just different ways of describing it. Those two are basically the same car. Although the top one is a bit poverty spec so I'd go for the bottom one if I were you.

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
OP
belfastbrm
Many thanks Jon, I'm a tyre kicker at present! Need to try and justify the figures and see can I make it work.

Story behind this is a had a 335 courtesy car for 10 days and have been on the look out ever since!

Many thanks gents

pjmdevo

RMS Regular
Drives
535d
I drive a 330d. They have a great combination of power and economy. At times I wish i had the xDrive though or the 335d - but they're both over group 40 insurance meaning AXA won't cover anyone under 30.
The second car has great spec: Pro nav, electric seats, xenons, HK audio and those M performance brakes :heart:(identical calipers to M3/M4)

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Wouldn't worry about insurance too much Admiral insured me at 23 for 300 quid on a F30 330d and for 400 at 26 for an M4

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
The one at Charles hurst has the m sport plus pack.Gives you the 19" wheels,Harmon/karden,m sport blue calipers,xenon headlights and the rear tinted windows

Reactions: JD.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
He doesn't have to worry about the under 30 fellas.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Sod newer, buy my 335d. It's the best you will find for its age and totally faultless.
LOL

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
OP
belfastbrm
Well ive seen the one in hursts snd its lovly
Although maybe too nice as ive 1 year old twins!
David have you one for sale?
Misses thinks we need to put it on hold
For a year or two and run with something newer than hers, tbh she is right!

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
I have a 2006 335d E92 for sale with 61'900 miles on it and in perfect condition. That being said, it's an E92, not a 4 door so probably out of the question.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
I thought as much... just trying my luck. Been trying to sell it for 4 months now. Not willing to let it go for pennies to the trader though. It's in too good a shape to be sold at trade value.

It's an absolute weapon though. If i was choosing between a new 330d or a 335d I'd go 335d everytime, especially an Xdrive one. The performance is staggering for a diesel. You just can't comprehend how much of a step up in performance it is from a 330d to a 335d. The single turbo to twin turbo difference is truely remarkable. The 335 just goes, and goes and goes whereas the 330d you can feel the need for the boost to build up in the mid range. You cna easily average mid 30'smpg in a 335d. can probably be gentle and push it close to 50 in all honesty. But then you've got power on tap.

Coincedently, the 335d IS very good on the Autobahn..... :cool: (Stupid top speed limiter!)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Definitely the one in the second link has the toys, that's the one I'd be buying

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
OP
belfastbrm
jas lad i have been keeping an eye on your website, you do have some nice motors, i need something fresh because its a family car for her. the more i think about it a 330 or more is probably to far out there right now, but i will own one!

ive also been offered pennies for my own via trade in, im all for everyone making a few £ but 2-3k less than they are currently selling for is bad!

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I thought as much... just trying my luck. Been trying to sell it for 4 months now. Not willing to let it go for pennies to the trader though. It's in too good a shape to be sold at trade value.

It's an absolute weapon though. If i was choosing between a new 330d or a 335d I'd go 335d everytime, especially an Xdrive one. The performance is staggering for a diesel. You just can't comprehend how much of a step up in performance it is from a 330d to a 335d. The single turbo to twin turbo difference is truely remarkable. The 335 just goes, and goes and goes whereas the 330d you can feel the need for the boost to build up in the mid range. You cna easily average mid 30'smpg in a 335d. can probably be gentle and push it close to 50 in all honesty. But then you've got power on tap.

Coincedently, the 335d IS very good on the Autobahn..... :cool: (Stupid top speed limiter!)
I had a 335d e92 and it was fun.i swapped it for a new f30 330d and it's twin turbo!my mate said the difference between them is the 330d has two small turbos and the f30 335d has a small and big turbo.0-60 is 5.6 on my 330d the e92 is 5.5 seconds

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I had a 335d e92 and it was fun.i swapped it for a new f30 330d and it's twin turbo!my mate said the difference between them is the 330d has two small turbos and the f30 335d has a small and big turbo.0-60 is 5.6 on my 330d the e92 is 5.5 seconds

The F30 330d has a single turbo motor. Probably confusing the "twin power" nonsense BMW put on the engine covers I think referring to the fact it's a variable vane blower or some other marketing department guff. Still a great engine though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.