430d wanted, 2017 onwards, standard car

Sham1

RMS Regular
Looking a 430d, 2017 onwards with less than 40000 miles. Looking good spec, preferable rear camera and head up display.
Only interested in an original car. No 20” wheels or m performance splitters or side skirts.
Seen one advertised a few months ago, and arranged a viewing. He had just fitted an m performance front splitter. I just had to tell him, sorry not interested. It was decent car otherwise, with low miles. He had it for almost 3 months before he sold it.
No disrespect to anyone on here who has fitted the bodykit, buts it’s just not for me.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Looking a 430d, 2017 onwards with less than 40000 miles. Looking good spec, preferable rear camera and head up display.
Only interested in an original car. No 20” wheels or m performance splitters or side skirts.
Seen one advertised a few months ago, and arranged a viewing. He had just fitted an m performance front splitter. I just had to tell him, sorry not interested. It was decent car otherwise, with low miles. He had it for almost 3 months before he sold it.
No disrespect to anyone on here who has fitted the bodykit, buts it’s just not for me.
Going narrow your search alot.

Also most of the kits are removable. Unless they have been rash and used tiger seal

Sham1

RMS Regular
OP
S
Going narrow your search alot.

Also most of the kits are removable. Unless they have been rash and used tiger seal
Yeah, this guy had glued it on, said it wouldn’t come off without damaging the bumper
Absolutely agre with NickR. Jason sourced a Mk7.5 GTD for me a few months ago. Bang on the spec and done in 2 weeks
Cheers for the feedback. I’m in no hurry, and wouldn’t want someone to source something for me specially.
Just in case I don’t like it in the flesh.

Sham1

RMS Regular
OP
S
Last edited:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
seen that. Strong money for a private sale with no warranty.
we buy any car trade price on it is about £19k, so would expect retail of around £22k to £22.5k.
Should have added,not black. but with black leather. Definitely no red or tan leather.
Its March 17, so wouldn’t have had the £500 car tax for cars over 40k, but would only be another year, so insignificant now.
Is that Apple car play a standard option?

Sham1

RMS Regular
OP
S
Was introduced in the 4 series late 2016, so 2017 registered cars should have it.
Its a different version of the entertainment system, don’t think you can retrofit to the older units

tiw30

RMS Regular
Carplay was available, but the car has to be ordered with it as is requires some extra hardware, (Not just a case of coding) mine came with it as part of the innovation pack as far as I can remember which also had the wireless hotspot ability as part of it, I think that is needed to allow you create a network for the carplay.
It was certainly never standard, in fact they tried to charge for it annually at one stage, even though it was sold as a one off payment, but they had to go back on that after owners complained

Dave..

RMS Regular
After all, WBAC is BCA, so it should provide a fairly accurate figure of what the car is worth if you need to sell it, should something unexpected happen.
I would check WBAC and Autotrader for prices, nothing wrong with having as much information as possible when buying a car.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Sorry, not sure what you’re getting at here?
I am on car number 24, having owned cars for the past 20 years.
Most have been traded in to main or independent dealer, so I think have a fair idea of dealer margins.
the figures quoted above, are assuming that the car doesn’t need tyres, serviced etc, or the difference in trade and retail will be much more. I fully appreciate that dealers need to make money. For the car in the example, the difference in trade and retail could be close to 5k if they had to fit tyres, service the car and get rims repaired etc.

Im not looking for a car at trade price with retail warranty.
What I was eluding to in the example above is that the car is up for private sale at the same price as similar cars from a dealer. The dealer car will have a warranty, so I would expect the private sale to be less.

Since we buy any car come on the scene, I have always used it to look at what the trade price of any car I am buying is. That way, if something happens and I don’t like the car, or change of circumstance, then I have an idea of the real value of the car. also Helps in making decisions wether to take out gap insurance etc.(which I have never done)

The current car I am driving, when I went to look at it, they had another car same spec and colour, but a few years newer. The newer car had almost the same miles, and I thought it wasn’t as good value as the original one I went to purchase.
when I checked WBAC, their price for the one I purchased was £1500 less than the dealer was looking, and the difference in the newer car was £4500. Both of these cars were in excess of £25k. So I bought the slightly older one as I thought it better value.

After all, WBAC is BCA, so it should provide a fairly accurate figure of what the car is worth if you need to sell it, should something unexpected happen.

You learn something every day. I don’t have an iPhone, so have never used apple car play, or Android auto for that matter. DAB radio is fine for me😀
All I knew was that the infotainment system changed in 2016, which then allowed apple car play to be installed. Didn’t realise it needed a potential hardware upgrade as well.

For the more tech savvy on here, is this something you would look for on a car. Would it be a deal breaker? Just wondering if it is something I should add to the “must have” options list, if it will make it more saleable in a few years time.
I had the previous generation of BMW Professional Media in my 2015 F31 330d (BMW F31 330d X-Drive M Sport+). It was an excellent infotainment system, especially paired with the Harmon Kardon speakers. It was easily the best sound system I have had in a car. It does everything you would need including the DAB, SatNav, Remote Services, etc. I believe depending on your initial spec and hardware, the Carplay can be retrofitted. Take a look at the likes of Bimmerpost forums for info.