4th fault with car in 4 months

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Nice work from the dealer. Stick with the car imo. My c7 a6 had 4x (including original) clutches and flywheels by the time it hit 60k. Seems to be a common fault (clutch juddering pulling away in 1st?)
Mine judders away sometimes, but ok most of the time and it doesn't matter if its warmed up or not. Ive put 15k miles on it (now 78k) and hasnt got any worse.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Nice work from the dealer. Stick with the car imo. My c7 a6 had 4x (including original) clutches and flywheels by the time it hit 60k. Seems to be a common fault (clutch juddering pulling away in 1st?)

Yeah just as you pulled off in first it gave a bad judder. Happend about 5 or 6 weeks after buying the car

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

that cannot be normal. Who was installing them and brand etc? That’s more clutches than oil changes on some modern service schedules

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
that cannot be normal. Who was installing them and brand etc? That’s more clutches than oil changes on some modern service schedules
Think it is a dealer only supply for the clutch flywheel kit, it was ( according to my mechanic) when I bought my car over 2 years ago

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
my old 2015 A4 was bought new from Belfast Audi. After 23k miles it did exactly as described. Judder in first. Belfast Audi had it in twice and said it’s fine and I was imagining it.
Took it to Portadown and it was replaced on first go as Machanic took it out and said yeah 100% fault.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback

First replacement at 18k by Birmingham Audi, second and third by Belfast Audi about 16k miles apart. Was different causes each time apparently. Was quite happy with their customer service each time to be honest. Wouldn’t have a bad word to say about them. Wouldn’t put me off the brand either, was a great car other than that (each of them covered by warranty btw)

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
First replacement at 18k by Birmingham Audi, second and third by Belfast Audi about 16k miles apart. Was different causes each time apparently. Was quite happy with their customer service each time to be honest. Wouldn’t have a bad word to say about them. Wouldn’t put me off the brand either, was a great car other than that (each of them covered by warranty btw)
Were you recovering tractor and trailer units with it 😂

My Passat judders in first especially when cold. I’ve been ignoring it now for at least 10k miles. Never gets any worse and sometimes gets better Hoping to ignore it another 10 or 30k 🙈

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
i wouldn’t let me put it off the car, as said they have been great and fixed the issues.

I bought the Range Rover sport and it had a couple of faults fixed under the dealer warranty and it hasn’t put me off it at all. One fault (dynamic suspension valve block) which BLRC had never had to change one before too which was £1400

Her Merc has to go back due to the tail light full of water and it’s only a year old. Stuff goes wrong with new cars too even expensive ones

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Yeah I know what yous are saying, even the most expensive car can have faults.

He mentioned that a brand new A1 left the show room and the engine apparently seized halfway down the M1. Luck of the draw I guess

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Think most on here know my experiences with a certain Land Rover dealer in Dungannon, the replacement vehicle had some issues which they sorted under warranty, but once the issues got sorted it went like a dream and my wife came round to the idea that she had warranty so if anything went wrong it would be fixed. In the end she thought about keeping it but I hated it with a passion.

any car can have issues and if they are sorted you could be alright. I know a few guys in Portadown Audi and they aren’t the usual billy bull**** type so if you like it stick with it.

Matthew2761

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTE
Have been watching this thread with interest as i am in a similar situation.

Sounds like you've had a better experience getting the car sorted anytime it developed a fault.

I bought a Golf GTE in September just past, pointed out a charging fault with 12v battery that came up on test drive, was told it was fine... fault never went away so had battery tested and it wasn't holding charge at all, so dealer just stuck a charger on it and then took it for a drive despite being told all this beforehand, eventually they caved in and fitted a new battery to it.

Wheels were refurbished as part of sale as they weren't in great condition, had to go back a further 2 times to have them redone due to horrendously sub standard work each time.

Boot was letting water in, tail light was replaced as they determined a seal had gone, still water getting in and it turned out to be drainage pipes had cracked and that's where the problem was.

After getting it back yesterday with it being away for a week and a half for it's 3rd wheel refurbishment and second visit for the boot leak, i am hoping that is the last time it has to go back. In fairness to the dealer, they apologised for the hassle I've had when i picked it up and said they noticed it was due a major service so they carried that out since they had it as a goodwill gesture.

wiggee

RMS Regular
Drives
4 x 4
Have been watching this thread with interest as i am in a similar situation.

Sounds like you've had a better experience getting the car sorted anytime it developed a fault.

I bought a Golf GTE in September just past, pointed out a charging fault with 12v battery that came up on test drive, was told it was fine... fault never went away so had battery tested and it wasn't holding charge at all, so dealer just stuck a charger on it and then took it for a drive despite being told all this beforehand, eventually they caved in and fitted a new battery to it.

Wheels were refurbished as part of sale as they weren't in great condition, had to go back a further 2 times to have them redone due to horrendously sub standard work each time.

Boot was letting water in, tail light was replaced as they determined a seal had gone, still water getting in and it turned out to be drainage pipes had cracked and that's where the problem was.

After getting it back yesterday with it being away for a week and a half for it's 3rd wheel refurbishment and second visit for the boot leak, i am hoping that is the last time it has to go back. In fairness to the dealer, they apologised for the hassle I've had when i picked it up and said they noticed it was due a major service so they carried that out since they had it as a goodwill gesture.

was it agnews ?