4x108 steel wheels & tyres

-Pete-

RMS Regular
After a couple of 4x108 steel wheels just for the trailer, preferably with tyres too. anyone got a couple lying around

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
I've a 15" one from a Mk6 Fiesta, good tyre. £10 if interested. Shouldn't be hard to get a match from a scrap yard. I'd actually bought a set of 4 for my trailer so this is one left over.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
I've a 15" one from a Mk6 Fiesta, good tyre. £10 if interested. Shouldn't be hard to get a match from a scrap yard. I'd actually bought a set of 4 for my trailer so this is one left over.

thanks, It wouldn't match the rest unfortunately as the others are 13" and unless you were running a low profile on it, it would be outside the size needed.

Those 206 wheels might be worth considering? whats the size on them and tyre profiles @southsky sunrise ?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
185x65x14
C2468B3A-9828-4806-AE64-8D972EF70354.jpeg
8AA407AD-D872-40AB-A10C-BD8C54D06C1C.jpeg
3CF068E7-CD1E-4C74-B7A8-53461A97E6D3.jpeg

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
ill try and get a look at the trailer this weekend. I dont keep it at my house so i need to get a run out to look at the wheels again. near sure it has 185 60 13 or something like that. where abouts are you anyway? im in bangor myself .

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
right i had a look and its on 165 70 13's . i think they would be okay in diameter but dont know if they'd be too wide.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
@southsky sunrise I'm having a crack at giving this trailer of mine some tlc over this break and got another look at these wheels. id say 14" would go on nor problem as there's plenty of clearance between the wheels and arches. tyre size is different across all 4 so no wonder I wasn't sure what they were!

Ill add some pictures to this post so you can see what size they are and the bolt spacing. Unless im being a total spanner, that is a 4x115mm ??spacing???
20200427_162905.jpg
20200427_162855.jpg
20200427_162532.jpg
20200427_162513.jpg
20200427_162502.jpg
20200427_162456.jpg

Last edited:

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
Mine are gone now bud
no worries, dont think they would have fitted anyway by the looks of these buggers. Based on those pictures, and the bolt pcd which looks like a 4x114.3 do you think you have any knocking around?

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Thats Jap fitment to best of my knowledge, Suzuki Swift, Mitsi 4 stud and Volvo S/V40 wheels. Bound to be others too

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
@NI_Volvo_Nut you not got a set of old volvo steels knocking around then? :laughing: Yeh im keeping an eye out but nothing handy yet. dont want to be driving anywhere more than a couple of miles right now just for some wheels.

cheers @Darren91 but they would need to be 4 x114.3 it seems. thanks for the offer

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
@NI_Volvo_Nut you not got a set of old volvo steels knocking around then? :laughing: Yeh im keeping an eye out but nothing handy yet. dont want to be driving anywhere more than a couple of miles right now just for some wheels.

cheers @Darren91 but they would need to be 4 x114.3 it seems. thanks for the offer
S/V40's weren't real Volvo, hense I only ever had 1 about me lol. What I do know is S40 wheels also fit an MGB, so I would guess your axle is old MG / Austin so possibly Morris Marina / Minor / Ital would fit? I had a trailer a while back was a Morris Minor rear axle, never measured the stud as I knew what I needed and picked up a set of MG Metro Turbo wheels. Our resident Metro expert may know more? @Coog

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
S/V40's weren't real Volvo, hense I only ever had 1 about me lol. What I do know is S40 wheels also fit an MGB, so I would guess your axle is old MG / Austin so possibly Morris Marina / Minor / Ital would fit? I had a trailer a while back was a Morris Minor rear axle, never measured the stud as I knew what I needed and picked up a set of MG Metro Turbo wheels. Our resident Metro expert may know more? @Coog

No the Austin metro was 4x4in or 4x101.something mm.

4x114.3, which is what that wheel appears to be is on a lot of jap stuff from the 90's. I remember sticking a set with that stud pattern on a '02 Galant.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
No the Austin metro was 4x4in or 4x101.something mm.

4x114.3, which is what that wheel appears to be is on a lot of jap stuff from the 90's. I remember sticking a set with that stud pattern on a '02 Galant.
They guy with the MGB did say right enough he used spacers, he must have used stud adapting spacers maybe

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
total hassle all this just to get some wheels. I dont even want to consider going down the road of cutting off the hubs and welding on some new 4x100s or something equally common but that option is getting closer at this rate. at least I could get those from a scrappy easier or just brand new.

the plan was to avoid spending any serious money beyond a new set of decent wheels. I was considering selling it and moving to a single axle 8x4 but it would need wheels first really.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
OP
-Pete-
thats a picture of them above there. not much else to them, just plain old steel wheels. the centre bore doesnt fit exactly on the current set either.

i already put brand new chequer plate into the base and front and welded in extra supports and expanded sheet in the tail gate which would take quads or other heavy stuff, easily.

wheels/hubs would be the final upgrade before just keeping it long term.