5 door hatch wanted, 5k budget

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
On the lookout for a 5 door hatch for a family member. Must be petrol, nothing high powered.

Budget is 5k max.

Let me know if you have anything.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Possibility of us changing soon.
2013 Renault Megane 1.6 petrol
Timing belt done last year. Il have to dig out the paperwork to see what mileage it was at.
New cv joint in Feb
Tinted windows
Cruise control
Owned since 2014, only changing for 7 seater.

Was supposed to be mot'd in Feb but they canceled the appointment the night before so currently on TEC.

There is some kerbing (because female driver) and a dent in rear passenger door obtained in car park so assume it was a van / jeep door or trolley given its placement.

£3350 ono would be asking price.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
@Rossimac is that yours?
Yeah that's mine!

Has a remap on it as well from Autotune 2 years ago (but didn't really want to mention that in the advert as it may put some people off). Probably about 235-240bhp. If fuel is a concern, I think it's great with averaging around 28mpg for me with a mixture of driving to work in Belfast and driving to Carrickfergus on the weekends to play golf from Dundonald.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Still on the lookout for something.

Preferably a mk6 Golf 1.4 or a civic 1.3/1.4 5 door.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad

Willy599

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTI

Any use? It’s averaging 30 mpg.
I looked at that on Monday, gap in the service history for 7 years (25k miles covered in that time), says it has been serviced just by a homer mechanic just no receipts, bonnet and passenger side resprayed (possibly front bumper as well, my paint gauge doesn't read plastic panels) with inner door sills 'wavy' possible structural damage. Really lovely car otherwise mint interior, lots of life in the discs. Seller's a nice guy as well.

Boksic

RMS Regular
I looked at that on Monday, gap in the service history for 7 years (25k miles covered in that time), says it has been serviced just by a homer mechanic just no receipts, bonnet and passenger side resprayed (possibly front bumper as well, my paint gauge doesn't read plastic panels) with inner door sills 'wavy' possible structural damage. Really lovely car otherwise mint interior, lots of life in the discs. Seller's a nice guy as well.

Why oh why oh why would you turn up to view a 13 year old decidedly average family car with a paint depth gauge in hand? What real world difference would it make whether it had been painted or not? Especially given that generation of civic is well enough known for thin paint and stone chips on bonnet/roof etc.

Surely if anything when going to view that car you'd have been HOPING somebody had done some painting and tidying up through its life?

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad

I’m glad you said the seller is a nice guy 🤪

You are my first customer to use a paint gauge in 11 years, but doesn’t offend me at all, might get myself one now actually, quite cool!

As I said at the time the car is what it is, I struggle to buy 3 or 4 year old cars that don’t have body repairs I’m unhappy with, but have to be less fussy when getting in to this age/money. It’s a decent wee car, but probably not one for an enthusiast. If it was a type r would be more concerned, but I wouldn’t stock that.

Hope you find something!

Willy599

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTI
Why oh why oh why would you turn up to view a 13 year old decidedly average family car with a paint depth gauge in hand? What real world difference would it make whether it had been painted or not? Especially given that generation of civic is well enough known for thin paint and stone chips on bonnet/roof etc.

Surely if anything when going to view that car you'd have been HOPING somebody had done some painting and tidying up through its life?
It doesn't make a difference generally, most new cars are painted before they're sold at dealer. But you're better with more information than less.

I’m glad you said the seller is a nice guy 🤪

You are my first customer to use a paint gauge in 11 years, but doesn’t offend me at all, might get myself one now actually, quite cool!

As I said at the time the car is what it is, I struggle to buy 3 or 4 year old cars that don’t have body repairs I’m unhappy with, but have to be less fussy when getting in to this age/money. It’s a decent wee car, but probably not one for an enthusiast. If it was a type r would be more concerned, but I wouldn’t stock that.

Hope you find something!
Just being honest, couldn't say a bad thing about you lol. If it had two more recorded services I'd have bought it truth be told.