5x108 to 5x112? Wobble bolts?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
As the title folks, I'm looking to run 5x108 rims on a 5x112 hub and I'm curious if I can make up the difference by the use of wobble bolts or are adapters the best solution? Thanking you in advance.

RoniN

RMS Regular
I don't know if this is right or wrong as I have no experience with wobble bolts but if wobble bolts allow for a +/- 2mm then I think you should be able to fit 5x112 wheels onto a 5x108 hub.
Yes overall there is a 4mm difference on the PCD pattern but that equates to 2mm difference per bolt.
Quick diagram (not to scale)

5x108 to 5x112.jpg

With the PCD measured you can see the 2mm difference.
Or is it a case of +/- 2mm on the overall PCD and not per bolt, like 4x98 to 4x100 where the difference is only 1mm per bolt ???

Cheers

RoniN

RMS Regular
Guess its up to the OP whether he wants to try them or get adapters!!
purplea4T if you do try them let us know as I'd be interested in hearing.

Cheers

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
are wobble bolts safe enough to use on a daily driven car, my car is 5x110 and i cant find any good used wheels but there are loads of 5x112 for sale all the time

purplea4T

RMS Regular
OP
purplea4T
are wobble bolts safe enough to use on a daily driven car, my car is 5x110 and i cant find any good used wheels but there are loads of 5x112 for sale all the time
I had 5x112 rims on a 5x110 Vectra no problems with them.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
OP
purplea4T
Also, tried reading the pistonheads thread but the usual attitudes boil my piss. After looking at the diagrams, I think it could be worth a rattle! It's hopefully going to be a set of rims from the larger Ford family:grinning:

Beck

Drives
Peugeot 508
So did anyone try the wobble bolts solution? What was the conclusion to the issue. Haha. i want to know if the wobble bolts is a possibility

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.