My Tommi Mak Gee'd photos on page 6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Well, ive gone and done it again, another Evo. This ones a bit special. It will not be at track days and will not be out in the wet (a waste to some i know). There are lots of photos here just to try and convey how clean it is.

I think a few guys on the MLR may recognise it, its come from Nigels on the MLR. It can only be described as box fresh. Its 9 years old and has 17000 miles on it. It was clean when it arrived in the UK just before Christmas this year and has been 'minted' by Nigel who owns a concours evo vi rs ( see here for the detail lovers Concours VI RS - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum).

The car is just waiting on being IVA'd (the new SVA which has caused a backlog)

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2539.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN24601_.jpg

DSCN24611_.jpg

DSCN24641_.jpg

DSCN2506.jpg

Getting Mot'd

MOT.jpg

Underside202.jpg

Here are some of the preparation shots, all gaskets for rear spoiler replaced, clips for the arches. This is the level of detailing that to me can be defined as 'mint'. The filler cap was removed so as a perfect match was taken for 3 (i think) minute stone chips on the front. The wheels were refurbed due to jap wheel weights leaving a small mark when balanced here in the UK.

Shortcut20to20DSCN23691_.jpg

Shortcut20to20DSCN23641_.jpg

Shortcut20to20DSCN23761_.jpg

DSCN24741_.jpg

Cant wait to get it

The Type R is the work horse for the time being, when i was involved in an accident last year (not my fault, got rear ended:innocent:) i had no heart in it.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
i hate you!

people of rms please stop buying evo's its driving me beserk!

insanely jealous mate - lovely lovely car

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
If he has the cash, why not!

Big boys toy!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
OP
p 5ary
Thanks Lads, mixed reactions which i expected, but i get my enjoyment keeping it mint whilst others get their enjoyment from thrashing it lol.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Fair play to you mate - id simply love to have something as mint at that and no doubt id keep it the same way as ur going too.

As much as these cars are built for giving a thrashing its still really great to see a mint one. A good investment too for the future.

pablo

RMS Moderator
ah ok so the guy who owned it here didnt get it done.

not be a problem I guess, what would be wrong with it!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
OP
p 5ary
ah ok so the guy who owned it here didnt get it done.

not be a problem I guess, what would be wrong with it!

yeah i think nigel was planning to keep it till it was 10 yr old then just drive away at it.

the problem with sva is some non oem bits go on (eg the dangly fogs) so it was left to keep it oem. however i couldnt not drive it for a year so its getting something tidy contained within the original light cluster to keep it oem but it requires IVA (new SVA).

scub

Banned
tis a thing of rare beauty(y)

keep it mint and stock and it will definately go up in value as time goes by.
i can only think of a couple of these on the mlr that are still stock and in this nick.
a classic now , and a valuable investment for the future...
but a wee scalp out the back roads on a dry day wouldnt hurt it either:cool:

enjoy mate!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
OP
p 5ary
tis a thing of rare beauty(y)

keep it mint and stock and it will definately go up in value as time goes by.
i can only think of a couple of these on the mlr that are still stock and in this nick.
a classic now , and a valuable investment for the future...
but a wee scalp out the back roads on a dry day wouldnt hurt it either:cool:

enjoy mate!

cheers scub(y)

scub

Banned
its still the most striking and recognisable model of evo ever made ,
i just couldnt afford a red 1 when i was shopping:oops:

tmr

RMS Regular
Drives
???
Wow, that is absolutely Stunning! Credit to you for wanting to preserve such an example :grinning:

ps. Any Interior Pics?

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
You should ask the folk and transport museum if they will pay you for you to display it if your not going to drive it?

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Flip me Gary, back in style! Stunning car, my favourite Evo and what an example.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
love it Gary!!

where have you been lately?!?!

I'm heading back to Evo's too as soon as the Burg goes - they are damn addictive

G Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
AI550 Evo IX GT
saw it on the MLR, stunning car and def another concours evo for sure, lucky man (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.