79' Opel Kadett C Build - Built Show Smash to Road Rocket

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Was sorting through my collection of old Motor magazine centrefolds earlier as I'm thinking of framing some of them for the garage.
Saw this one and thought of this thread.
20240107_141522.jpg

Not Kadett related directly but always loved this shovit picture too, so much retro loveliness with the CF service barge and the VX and granny too.
20240107_141803.jpg

Dorno

RMS Regular
OP
Dorno
Drives
a few!
I don't think this could get any better.

It's just lovely...
Thank you! 😁
Was sorting through my collection of old Motor magazine centrefolds earlier as I'm thinking of framing some of them for the garage.
Saw this one and thought of this thread.
View attachment 421724

Not Kadett related directly but always loved this shovit picture too, so much retro loveliness with the CF service barge and the VX and granny too.
View attachment 421725
I have a load of these at home too. My uncle Des had about 40 years worth of vintage Autosport magazines!

Dorno

RMS Regular
OP
Dorno
Drives
a few!
Wee update today. Jonny landed over an evening and we took the carbs off and changed the chokes to 38mm although it will need re-jetted to suit as well.

Today Uncle Seamus landed over to fab up a gearbox mount for me. He’s a just a wee bit handy with a welder. Also tidied up and re welded the stainless steel exhaust
Manifold so got it re fitted too.

Because we’ve a 7degree Bellhousing on the type 9 and the RedTop mounted fairly level it leans the gearbox to the driver slightly. Seamus made a real nice wee mount for me that accommodated all this spot on.

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2742.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg
IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2746.jpeg
IMG_2748.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 0

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Wee update today. Jonny landed over an evening and we took the carbs off and changed the chokes to 38mm although it will need re-jetted to suit as well.

Today Uncle Seamus landed over to fab up a gearbox mount for me. He’s a just a wee bit handy with a welder. Also tidied up and re welded the stainless steel exhaust
Manifold so got it re fitted too.

Because we’ve a 7degree Bellhousing on the type 9 and the RedTop mounted fairly level it leans the gearbox to the driver slightly. Seamus made a real nice wee mount for me that accommodated all this spot on.

View attachment 421949
View attachment 421950
View attachment 421952
View attachment 421953
View attachment 421954View attachment 421955
View attachment 421956View attachment 421957
7 degrees towards you or away 😂

i miss my type 9 boxes

i got the zero degrees box bellhousing for my old viva the only difference inside the sump was the pick up pipe had to be modified to make it sit level but because i was making the sump it didn’t matter your clearly using the manta 18s sump 👍👍👍👍

Dorno

RMS Regular
OP
Dorno
Drives
a few!
7 degrees towards you or away 😂

i miss my type 9 boxes

i got the zero degrees box bellhousing for my old viva the only difference inside the sump was the pick up pipe had to be modified to make it sit level but because i was making the sump it didn’t matter your clearly using the manta 18s sump 👍👍👍👍

Previous car had a getrag so I'm looking forward to seeing what the type 9 is like. Ive a helical Quaife close ratio kit in it so all being well it should be ideal. The getrag box is grand but 1st is so short its almost non existent. Good original 1800 Manta sump here. CWP is the standard Manta 3.6 so theres a possibility I'll want to swap to a 4.2/4.44 at some stage. We'll see what its like when its on the road.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
This is turning out great, I look forward to seeing it out during the summer!!

Dorno

RMS Regular
OP
Dorno
Drives
a few!
That’s the Kadett dropped off with Paul Mooney. Few cheeky motors about here. Few M3s and the likes. Hopefully we get Brake Lines/Pedal Box and wiring sorted soon. Good few other bits to button up before she’ll be moving. But it’s a start in the step in the right direction. Paul’s own Rallye Kadett is sitting just off to the left here awaiting its own RedTop.

IMG_2782.jpeg