8 year c20xe nova project

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Looking really good, how's its running?
It's starting Ok ands runs alright but it's idling way to high changes idle control valve and coolant temp sensor swapped the throttle position sensor and replaced the inlet manifold gasket and throttle body gasket and it's still sitting at 1500rpm when it has warmed up only thing left is the air flow meter!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
It's starting Ok ands runs alright but it's idling way to high changes idle control valve and coolant temp sensor swapped the throttle position sensor and replaced the inlet manifold gasket and throttle body gasket and it's still sitting at 1500rpm when it has warmed up only thing left is the air flow meter!

I had the same issue with my C20LET when I first installed it, turned out to be a broken wire to the throttle position sensor.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
I'll have to get the multimeter out and check the wiring then still farting about with silly jobs putting in remote central locking and an alarm at the min I hate wiring but it's keeping it tidy that takes up the most time

Last edited:

seanmooney

RMS Regular

When I done my conversion on the B I had a problem where it kept dying out, turned out to be broken wire to air flow meter.. Yours could be the wiring to the throttle sensor like @KeithRobinson said.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Peco big bore 4? Lol

Just messing, car coming on great! :cool:
If I could have found a new peco system that's what would be on it lol I loved the sound of the one my big brother had on his xr3i

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
When I done my conversion on the B I had a problem where it kept dying out, turned out to be broken wire to air flow meter.. Yours could be the wiring to the throttle sensor like @KeithRobinson said.
I still haven't Got around to checking it yet but cheers for the info

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Finally got it out of the garage today and gave it a quick wash. Think it needs to be a bit lower at the back

And a pic of the back end just because I think it looks cool lol

Tested all my wiring today to see why its ticking over high and everything is 100%. think I have it narrowed down to a faulty idle control valve.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Looks much better david. When is she coming out
Cheers Leigh it tidied it up a bit! Realistically it will probably be next year havn't had much time recently to get near it plus the wife is due again at the end of may so will have plenty to keep me occupied lol