8 year c20xe nova project

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
So it's away to the brothers work to get steering geometry set up and a few thing looked at like the emissions for mot. Can't say it will be out this year or not but it's looking hopefull.
Changed the mirrors also, couldn't see out of the manta mirrors lol

flame

RMS Regular
Thanks for the replies. @Markhall I haven't had it on the road yet to know lol.
Decided to rose joint my gear linkage started it yesterday. It didn't turn out to bad

Have to fit it then I'll trim the longer bolts when I see what adjusting I have to do

Where did you get the parts to rose joint the linkage? Must do this with mine

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Holy crap a year and a half since I posted on here lol nova hasn't changed a lot but is ready for mot. Should get it done but no point at this time of year

To be honest I took on another project at the tail end of last year which has probably been the reason this isn't on the road. To cut a long story short a mate offered me a sierra hatchback shell! I said yes and over the past 9 months this has happened

And then the saab turbo sierra was born.
Its a drift car project never destined to be on the road was originally an xr4x4 but rwd only now lol have a cage to go in and bucket seats, harnesses etc. This is an on going project with no particular deadline as I'm inly managing about 9-10 hours a month at it due to family commitments but make them count when I do get at it. Was supposed to be a cheap project turns out it wasn't

Lee

RMS Regular
Nova is class. Plenty of point to mot it. There will always still be the odd nice dry day when it would be nice to turn the key and take it a scalp.

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Nova is class. Plenty of point to mot it. There will always still be the odd nice dry day when it would be nice to turn the key and take it a scalp.
the waiting list for Coleraine mot Centre is 4 weeks so that's mainly the reason to leave it until next year. booked the test 3 weeks ago for my daily and its not up until next Saturday lol

Reactions: Lee

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
You should try and get a cancellation for mot. The legendary motor show is on at the end of the month and it’s the 35 years anniversary for novas at it.
Yea I know it's on! can't even see me getting to the show let alone getting the nova there

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I would recommend MOTing now also - both of mine are due end of sept. It means that when the spring hits next year you just tax it and drive, then you MOT it at the end of the season again - trust me it makes more sense than MOTing in the spring when it's sat all winter.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I would recommend MOTing now also - both of mine are due end of sept. It means that when the spring hits next year you just tax it and drive, then you MOT it at the end of the season again - trust me it makes more sense than MOTing in the spring when it's sat all winter.
This(y) Iv a new set of coil overs to go into mine when I get back from holiday then I’m for mot with mine.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Looks the part. Is that an old school 'Big bore 4' exhaust? lol!

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Been that used to photobucket it's just force of habit I see its just a link I'll re upload them
IMG_20190908_202731_703.jpg

DSC_0118.JPG

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Love that alot ... love the gloss black used on the half and half exterior
thanks yea the glass black helps break it up a bit, was going to do it an all red gsi rep but them it's just something it's not lol
love it, right down to the period correct big bore lol!!! awesome!!
Thanks lol nova defo needs a big bore 😂

davegtcoupe

RMS Regular
OP
davegtcoupe
Drives
twincam
Some recent photos of this. Done the window surrounds satin black and put a satin black stripe around the bumpers instead of the chrome. It's taxed and on the road but just for essential travel, might aswell use it for something so the Tesco run it is 🤣. Developed an oil leak I'm presuming from lack of use over the 16 year period 🙊 so changed the cam seals, crank seal and rocker gasket over Easter and all seems good now.
DSC_0347.JPG

DSC_0348.JPG

_20200413_205800.JPG

_20200408_192131.JPG