Civic VTI-S MB6 - new rims

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I have had this motor since August, juet getting around to getting some pics up now.

I got it with alot of work needing done.. it need springs as they were cut to bits and an exhaust as it had a blown out straight through on it.

Anyway heres how I got it.

civiccut2.jpg

cutresize.jpg

civiccut.jpg

Mongoose exhaust with new cat fitted and new 40mm springs within a week on owning it......made some difference. Also got a airbox from Thumper and gave away the cone that was on it

civicnotcut.jpg

06082009164.jpg

SQ painted the splitter last week as it was covered in holes and it looked like someone had painted it with a brush, and also got a new grill.

splitterpainted.jpg

Some pics taken today...yes I know I should have washed it but its a nightmare to keep clean in this weather.

civic1-1.jpg

civic2-1.jpg

civic3-1.jpg

civic4-1.jpg

civic5.jpg

Still needs a bit more work tho, she needs value stem oil seals in the new year as she is burning some oil, also need a bonnet and a headlight and a few dents removed, but all work in progress

Comments welcome good and bad.

Cheers for looking (y)

AndyG

RMS Regular
That looks really well mate..

Very nice ride height as i dont think these suit being decked..

And i prefer it without that red badge!

Splitter looks sweet

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Looks very well, nice and unmolested looking. Always liked the MB6

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Thanks, still toying with painting the grill surround black but unsure what I like better, i couldnt use the original one as it was cracked

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
needs some VTi-S wheels to finish the OEM look, tidy bus though!

cheers, yeah its a pity it has the standard MB6 rims, not sure what to do, get them done anthracite or find a set of the fan look ones or speedline that came on the 's'

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 265

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
yeah the speedline ones in gunmetal look ace , just the right height there also , coming together nicely steve

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
cheers ferrett,

its also a bit swirly and has a few light scratches here and there, ive polished it a few times but im no paint magician

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
well you know im not far away to get it sorted in the better weather chum;)

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
will keep that in mind mate, it definately needs doing, thanks

LewB

RMS Regular
love mb6's, great lookin subtle cars, with a nice engine under the bonnet

springs look like they have settled in, ride height looks spot on

how do you rate the mongoose? looks good that its downturned slightly

Grainne_VTEC

RMS Member
Drives
AE86 gt coupe r/
love this wee car Steve, miss my old one :worried: but will own another one some day hopefully, 96 spec itr jdm wheels would look well on it, u got much plans for her?

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Looks well mate.. and im sure it will be alot better once you have finished.

Great car.. really underestimated.. If your going to keep it i would recommend a 4branch manifold, made a noticable difference to mine..

Oo and def get some speedlines..OEM and look awesome..(y)

n3il

RMS Regular
Drives
CRXvtec/vtis
Looks well (y)out of interest how much was it to get your splitter painted, mine needs it badly too.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Cheers guys

LewB - Mongoose is excellent, very good build quality and not too loud, its not downturned, must be just the pic, its got a slash cut pipe

Grannie - you shouldnt have sold you old one, you wont fine a better one than that! Not much planned just have it lookin nice, some wee touches just

Carson - finding a set of speedline will be difficult, I saw a set on ebay a few months ago but he would post them

N3il - Pm Suitor at SQ Design, im sure the price will be different as mine was in a shockin state

LewB

RMS Regular
slash cut - thats what i was looking for(y)

what do you call the colour on these? looks black/purple

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
colour is awesome, but you really need some good light to show it off

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Couple of clean pics from yesterday

i know im no photographer

Someome also scrapped the top of the wing at the top all the way to the headlight...ragin, hopefully will buff out.

resize1.jpg

resize2.jpg

Grainne_VTEC

RMS Member
Drives
AE86 gt coupe r/
looks good lad, should lower it a wee bit more :p you stil got the mongoose exhaust on her?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.