'89 Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
This is a sensitive one for me as it was my hero car for as long as I can remember.

This example came up at a bad time but it had to fulfil this fantasy one way or another.

1989 2WD Sapphire Cosworth
Nice early poverty spec in my favourite combo, diamond white with light grey cloth.

It's running stage 1 approx 280bhp. Nice & simple. That's as far as it goes apart from a stainless exhaust & Koni suspension and of course a 4x4 bonnet.

130k, 3 owners, HPI clear.

I'l get better pics up as I do silly wee touches like period amber rear lenses, cloth arm rest, cam belt & clutch.

I hope you enjoy the look of it half as much as I do.

IMG_20170724_215501_999.jpg

IMG_20170724_231036_464.jpg

FB_IMG_1500502583057.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Class would definitely take this over most modern stuff, friend had a 4x4 sapphire cosworth and it sounded like a old school rally car and the turbo lag was addictive! Really wish I'd bought it when I had the chance.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Perfect 80's spec, amber lenses and everything, love it Barry!

Can't wait to get a run in that, sideways out of York corner!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im a big Sierra Cosworth fan, great to see one in proper retro guise

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Lovely, so much better and in period looking with the amber lights. Will be even better without the no.plate surround.

Loved these when they were rallying many moons ago.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Yea. Was tempted to buy it years ago but enough projects on the go

Owen sold that nearly two years ago would you believe, guy who owns Mollys bought it, but Owen was to MOT it for him before he collected it.....he's still waiting by the looks of it! Lol

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Owen sold that nearly two years ago would you believe, guy who owns Mollys bought it, but Owen was to MOT it for him before he collected it.....he's still waiting by the looks of it! Lol

Don't think the sale went through though, he couldn't part with it.