9" wide wheels on a mk4 golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sr_james

RMS Member
Drives
sr nova
will 18 x 9 alloys fit onto a mk4 golf. i dont mind if they sit out a little but not sticking out stupidly far??

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Yea they will as long as ur offsets are low enough. I had 8"s ET 38 and they just cleared the coilovers at the front. Now have 8.5" ET 25 and have loads of room and dont poke out at the front. Anything will fit on the back really. Mine are 10"s ET 23 rears and poke out a fair amount

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Its all about the tyre width really, probably talking a 215/35.

PeteJ

RMS Regular
Drives
A black 4x4
i had 9" wheels on rear of my A3 which was same offset and arch clearance (i would guess) as a mk4. fitted no problem and no buffing either. just get 235's and correct offset. i had it lowered on coilovers too, and no issues.

sr_james

RMS Member
OP
sr_james
Drives
sr nova
will they fit on the front but with out rubbing the coilover or stickin to far out dont mind them sitten out a wee bit.

sr_james

RMS Member
OP
sr_james
Drives
sr nova
!BW93Snw!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmYUWJBKZ5TNJIBw~~_35.JPG

thats the wheel im thinkin about there what do use think??

sr_james

RMS Member
OP
sr_james
Drives
sr nova
the wheels are 5 x 100 et 45 18" x 9" do they deff fit as there alot of money and they wont take them back lol

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
they will fit fine, i have 11" rears to go on bora! does anyone know wot tyre will stretch on them and who will do it? currently 225 60s but too big profile and want more stretch

sr_james

RMS Member
OP
sr_james
Drives
sr nova
well i duno y but the company im tryin to buy them of in the us are tellin me they will not fit my car for some reason. and they come blank wheel and they bore them to the pcd and the et is 45 so duno y there sayin that.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
TBH i dont think a 9" ET 45 will fit at the front withought fowling the coilovers. Although anything can be sorted with spacers. Get em bought and have Poke al-round :-P

Personally id go for 17's tho. 18's are too big i think????

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
yup, i had 195 50's on my 8" fronts and 205 50's on the 9" rears

They were ET18 and they still tucked into the arch once it was rolled

Pete

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.