90s Sports 400 wanted

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Hi guys, on the lookout for a 90’s sports 400 for the summer.
Honda CBR/VFR400 or Kwak ZXR400 preferred but would also consider the right Yam FZR or Suzuki GSXR 400.
Ready to ride preferable but would also consider a mild project (ie complete but needs recommissioned after lying up a year or two, no bikes in boxes or ex racers/track) and original appearance and colour scheme.
Know there are plenty on eBay but would rather view before buying rather than taking a punt on one on the mainland so if you know of any local feel free to PM. Thanks, Mikey
C31DF7AA-4B78-42DD-A575-4DDB18D843AE.png
FAD83157-7C0D-4136-AA24-48FE35A79E78.jpeg

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Not mine but might be worth a look -
Cheers for spotting that! Nice looking wee bike but spares availability is a bit grim and just have a general unease about that age of Ducati for maybe unjustified reasons. Don’t think it’s a bike I would feel settled with at all.
Been putting my feelers out to a few guys in the racing community where a lot of these ended up in the hope there are complete bikes lying about maybe bought for spares. Turned up one potential lead on a ZXR in Coleraine.
I remember gumtree being full of 400s 12/13 years ago and they have all just vanished off the face of the earth in this country anyway! Even in the south where they were popular with licensing laws they have gotten very thin on the ground.

Thanks again!

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Thanks for keeping me in mind guys! Nothing catching my eye at the auction or online yet. The Rothmans CBR is probably nice enough but I’m after original appearance and don’t really want to go down the route of painting/new fairings etc.