911 GTS

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Love these GTS. It's hard to not use launch control off every traffic light

tried it out a few times tonight, its bloody fantastic how simple it is to use, never did it in the M4 as was such a faff but this couldn't be easier.

Had my first proper drive pushing it tonight and it is absolutely epic, the speed you can go round corners is :grinning: sound of the engine higher up the rev range is amazing too, but does sound MUCH louder from outside the car than inside, it could definitely do with losing a bit of the sound deadening.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
No idea mate, AA guy said normally he’d just fill with coolant but because of value of car he didn’t want to so is up in Porsche 🤦‍♂️

jc7891

RMS Regular
My brother had a similar issue on a 996 turbo and it was the radiators, think it had all 3 replaced under warranty after that

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Water pump is leaking and needs replaced :rolleyes: Said it might be Monday/Tuesday before its fixed and I'm away on holiday on Tuesday and in the mean time I've been given a 520d as a courtesy car.....which seems a bit **** considering the money I've just shelled out for a 911 GTS that broke down 8 days later while under warranty. Am I being unreasonable to expect a Cayman/Boxster or something for the weekend?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Water pump is leaking and needs replaced :rolleyes: Said it might be Monday/Tuesday before its fixed and I'm away on holiday on Tuesday and in the mean time I've been given a 520d as a courtesy car.....which seems a bit **** considering the money I've just shelled out for a 911 GTS that broke down 8 days later while under warranty. Am I being unreasonable to expect a Cayman/Boxster or something for the weekend?
Who's the courtesy car from, Porsche or the warranty company?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

I'd be hoping for an upgrade to your own Porsche for the weekend given the ballache.

1566553708257.png

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Its from Enterprise but was arranged by Porsche - its still well within its original 3 year warranty as car is only about 14 months old.
I'd be hoping for an upgrade to your own Porsche for the weekend given the ballache.

See thats what some friends have said so I thought I was being quite reasonable asking for a Cayman or Boxster.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I would of thought they would of wanted to look after you with another Porsche, especially given the value and age of your own car!

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I was very much left with the impression that they thought I should be grateful for the 520 and that when I suggested a Cayman/Boxster that it was as if I had suggested something totally preposterous :joy: Perhaps if I actually bought it directly from them they would be more keen to look after me.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I know of the same thing happening to a family member and the courtesy car was one of their Macans, they maybe just didn't have any Porsche courtesy cars available at the time.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I would have been expecting another Porsche, even if it was a Macan/Cayenne/Panamera.

I wouldn't be too pleased being given a 5 series DIESEL! Poor show.