911 GTS

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That must be a sickener 8 days into ownership.

At very least I would want another Porsche, be it a Panamera, Macan or Cayenne

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Absolutely would not be accepting a 520d while my 911 GTS was in for warranty work 8 days into ownership. Can't believe they even offered that

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I was very much left with the impression that they thought I should be grateful for the 520 and that when I suggested a Cayman/Boxster that it was as if I had suggested something totally preposterous :joy: Perhaps if I actually bought it directly from them they would be more keen to look after me.
Did you speak to J & F? Maybe they would lend you something a bit tastier until you get it back?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Did you speak to J & F? Maybe they would lend you something a bit tastier until you get it back?

Ah so was the car bought from J&F?

That explains the hire car thing then, they would put you in a Porsche if you had bought the car from them as far as I understand it, but if they weren't the supplying dealer they don't generally lend out one of their own cars.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Its from Enterprise but was arranged by Porsche - its still well within its original 3 year warranty as car is only about 14 months old.

See thats what some friends have said so I thought I was being quite reasonable asking for a Cayman or Boxster.

The thing is Enterprise are the company used by Porsche assist.

They are meant to provide you with a like for like car - but because we live in a shed of a country the best Enterprise have is the BMW 520D.

However if you leave your can to Porsche for a service the loan car will be of similar standard.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Who really cares what they give you ... Aslong as you can get from a to b until you get your own motor back then what's the issue.

The Alfa has been in for a service and software updates and I was given a fiat 500 X and second time I was given a Giulia diesel. As long as I'm kept moving I'm happy.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Servicing = Expected.
Replacing a waterpump after 8 days = Unexpected.

Awk catch yourself on, water pump has gone big deal they are fixing it under warranty for nout and have kept him moving at short notice ... You tell me you are that pretentious that you require something like for like or something higher end for a few days while it's fixed.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
If my £95000 Porsche sh*t the bed after 8 days I'd be upside down with rage. I buy a Porsche, I want Porsche level of service.

Lol water pump has failed hardly sh1t the bed ... He will be without it for a few days hardly the end of the world.

It was a short notice issue and they kept him moving and I'm sure apologised for the lack of Porsche loan cars.

New age BMW 520d = appreciate 911 even more when you get it back.

Granted some kind of Porsche would have been best world scenario but it's.not like mainland England

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Yeah I see where both sides are coming from here, I didn't realise it wasn't bought from a main Porsche dealer. In that case, I wouldn't expect them to go and rent a Porsche for a lock of days while they fix it. However if it was bought from Porsche I'd be expecting the best yoke they have lying around as a loaner.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Surely it's still under Porsche Warranty so it's Porsche fixing it? If that's the case, I'd want a Porsche. They have plenty of used that would be more than suitable for a few days.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Who really cares what they give you ... Aslong as you can get from a to b until you get your own motor back then what's the issue.

The Alfa has been in for a service and software updates and I was given a fiat 500 X and second time I was given a Giulia diesel. As long as I'm kept moving I'm happy.

In fairness if I had merely wanted a car that got me from a to b I wouldn't have bought a £95k Porsche 911 GTS....

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Have you mentioned your issues and concerns to J&F group @riano
In fairness if I had merely wanted a car that got me from a to b I wouldn't have bought a £95k Porsche 911 GTS....

Well then go and complain to them and demand more ... I don't see the issue here personally as it's in for a few days and they have kept you moving for those days ... As said all you need the loan car for is to get from a to b ... And yes I'm aware the car is 95k

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Judging by the replies regarding J&F on here, I'd be surprised they wouldn't lend you something fancy until Monday.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Some people don’t have two pennies to rub together but here we are giving out about ‘only’ being supplied a 520d as a courtesy car for our £95,000 Porsche..

I’d be happy enough to be kept mobile so long as the repairs weren’t taking forever to complete. But if I wasn’t happy with a 520d then I would be more inclined to speak with J&F group as they only sold the car a week ago and see if they can supply a suitable replacement.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Some people don’t have two pennies to rub together but here we are giving out about ‘only’ being supplied a 520d as a courtesy car for our £95,000 Porsche..

He paid for a luxury service which broke. IMO, said luxury service provider should provide short term luxury service, considering it's their product that was faulty.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
He paid for a luxury service which broke. IMO, said luxury service provider should provide short term luxury service, considering it's their product that was faulty.

In fairness they have provided him a new age 520d ... Probably 30-35k saloon new ... Hardly handing him a gee whizz or a fiesta of some kind ...

Like I said before I think a few people's expectations are massively off course. He's mobile in a nice saloon car ... Who cares really ...

jc7891

RMS Regular
In my view, part of the problem is probably the fact it was short notice. I’d say when it’s in for a service a Porsche loan car won’t be a bother. Porsche won’t have 20-30 loan cars just lying about, they may have 8-10 which may well be booked up weeks in advance. So they can’t just pluck a car out of thin air and a rental is the next best option. It’s better than nothing at the end of the day. They also can’t just give a used car off the forecourt, it doesn’t work like that unfortunately. I’m sure I’d be p****d too but taking circumstances into consideration I guess a 5 series is better than the obligatory kid ceed rental. Hopefully it’s back soon and you can get back to enjoying it!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
In fairness they have provided him a new age 520d ... Probably 30-35k saloon new ... Hardly handing him a gee whizz or a fiesta of some kind ...

Like I said before I think a few people's expectations are massively off course. He's mobile in a nice saloon car ... Who cares really ...

Not a Porsche though

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Some people really have no idea. The stock in their used lot is neither taxed nor insured and therefore cannot be driven on the road without a trade plate. They also don't have 20-30 cars sitting in reserve to be handed out at a whims notice, they will literally have a handful of demos to be shared between service loan and sales extended test drives. In this case the car was not new and not bought from the dealership. If anything it should be J&F looking after him through their goodwill. As already mentioned above, the whole situation is handled centrally by Porsche Assist, who use Enterprise to organise a loan car, and who naturally themselves don't have a fleet of Porsches. That's the facts. But I sympathise with Riano, it's certainly not what you expect from a premium product at that kind of price. On a positive note, you have one stunning car and I wish you all the best to enjoy it when you get it back.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I suppose the way Porsche see it you didn't buy the car from them and went elsewhere to a private dealership. So in their book they probably have done the right thing and kept you moving in something above your usual courtesy car level.

Should have contacted j&f group and said it's broken and for them to handle it and they would have given you a car to use that would have fitted your needs or desires better

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
It has Porsche warranty, not J&F warranty.

Some odd views about this situation, sadly one I'll never be in.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
It has Porsche warranty, not J&F warranty.

Some odd views about this situation, sadly one I'll never be in.

I’m sure given the glowing reports they receive on there, they sound like the kind of place that’d give out something to keep @riano happy for the weekend.