911 GTS

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
A bit of **** has hit the fan, it's getting sorted FOC and you are being given a pretty decent car to get you by...be thankful and move on, some day you might face a real problem in life

*Not having a pop at you just highlighting it’s really not worth annoying yourself over, it will cause more hastle if you insist on a Porsche*

Love your car btw:heart_eyes:

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
It has Porsche warranty, not J&F warranty.

Some odd views about this situation, sadly one I'll never be in.

Haha yes but bought from j&f ... You always take it to the place you bought it ... Especially after 8 days ... They would have managed all this faff

End of the day he didn't buy it from Porsche so why not have j&f sort this ...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Because it has Porsche warranty and you bring it to the Porsche dealership and let Porsche mechanics work on it.

Yes that's correct if you pay the money to buy it from a Porsche dealer. If you buy from a private trader the car goes to them and they manage the fix and provide a car ... Why cut them out of it and make their life easier and take it yourself. Lol

KevM

RMS Regular
Yes that's correct if you pay the money to buy it from a Porsche dealer. If you buy from a private trader the car goes to them and they manage the fix and provide a car ... Why cut them out of it and make their life easier and take it yourself. Lol

Manufacturer Warranty fella, take it straight to the manufacturer representitive. They built the product, they stand over it, they fix it. They also stand over their repair for 12 months, regardless of the duration of the actual warranty.

If you let a private man put a spanner near a Porsche during the warranty period, and you kiss goodbye to Manufacturer aftercare. Its also the first thing they will check for when taking a car into the workshop.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
When you have a manufacturer warranty and you’ve bought the car from a different reseller, there is always going to be an overlap of sorts in terms of who should manage the repair of any issues. IMO going back to where you bought it will only slow the whole process down by introducing a further party in the chain who actually has no financial or ownership stake in the repair process, and the most effective method is to go direct to the manufacturer. This would be a completely different scenario if it was recently bought from a dealer and was outside of the manufacturer warranty period.

When my wife’s F30 BMW was in for 7 weeks for the EGR issue, we got an auto Focus - not thrilled but did the job. It was my understanding that like-for-like courtesy cars were only being provided to BMW customers who still had their 3yr warranty or had taken out extended warranty. Even bmw owners on bmw finance (but out of warranty) didn’t get like for like.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Most manufacturers give 24 months warranty on any work carried out. I think it’s only been a few years since Porsche upped their warranty from 2 years to 3.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Most manufacturers give 24 months warranty on any work carried out. I think it’s only been a few years since Porsche upped their warranty from 2 years to 3.

Think your right there, I remember I was going to buy a Cayman 3.5 years back and I think I remember it being mentioned about a 2 year warranty!

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Who really cares what they give you ... Aslong as you can get from a to b until you get your own motor back then what's the issue.

The issue being, if you we’re happy with a car just to get you from a to b, you wouldn’t spunk a small fortune on a 911 in the first place...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The issue being, if you we’re happy with a car just to get you from a to b, you wouldn’t spunk a small fortune on a 911 in the first place...

Like I said in my post the loan car is simply to get from a to b until his car was ready 🤦‍♀️

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
If it has a Porsche warranty bring it to Porsche.

Although I'm not sure why you are looking for a new Porsche as a courtesy car.

I don't think you should expect to be put in a £70k plus car as a loan vehicle...

Lovely lovely car tho.. enjoy.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Had to go back to page 1 to remind me what this thread was about. Just hope this blows over for you ASAP

Any plans for the car, any mods or cool ideas you’d like to do in the future ?

It looks fantastic!! HTD

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Well I got the car back yesterday lunchtime, they got a mechanic to stay later on Friday evening and come in on Sat morning to finish the job so that I had the car for the weekend which I was more than happy with and pleased to report no coolant loss or overheating issues yesterday :grinning: to be honest that's the outcome I wanted, had to push to get it for the weekend and not Monday evening/Tues morning which would have caused a fair bit of hassle with going on holiday so all worked out in the end.

Any plans for the car, any mods or cool ideas you’d like to do in the future ?

I'm not actually sure what all I can actually do :joy: It sounds much louder outside the car than inside so think I'll look into options to get a bit more noise inside the cabin but apart from that I don't think there's anything I would change about it.

Martyn

RMS Regular
Well I got the car back yesterday lunchtime, they got a mechanic to stay later on Friday evening and come in on Sat morning to finish the job so that I had the car for the weekend which I was more than happy with and pleased to report no coolant loss or overheating issues yesterday :grinning: to be honest that's the outcome I wanted, had to push to get it for the weekend and not Monday evening/Tues morning which would have caused a fair bit of hassle with going on holiday so all worked out in the end.

I'm not actually sure what all I can actually do :joy: It sounds much louder outside the car than inside so think I'll look into options to get a bit more noise inside the cabin but apart from that I don't think there's anything I would change about it.

Do not modify it in anyway otherwise this will void your manufacturer warranty..

Porsche are super fussy when it comes to this. Something as simple as a dashcam hardwired or even aftermarket grills will cause a warranty rejection.

Also if you ever want to trade the car to porsche they do a inspection and again they won’t be interested if there are mods.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I'm sure most will not approve but I've put my M4 plate on this :joy: bidding on a 911 plate later this month but I'm not prepared to pay silly money so this will be staying on unless I will the 911 plate. Got a smaller (normal size) rear plate instead of the larger plate most 911s have and still unsure as to which looks better.

bS2PKOMXRmqeWTOUo6SNVA_thumb_5658.jpg

a7diRnBsTV66uIXpfHD1pw_thumb_565e.jpg

Contemplating getting the rear lights smoked ^o)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Plate looks good, I wouldn’t be rushing off for a 911 plate to be fair. I would however get the bigger rear plate for it, that one looks lost.

If you smoke the rear lenses I will be asking @Lyons to use his new found powers to ban you! Lol 😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Reg is grand. Doesn’t actually look like an M4 plate if that makes sense.

Don’t get the bigger plate though, it’s terrible. Might as well just wrap the whole rear bumper yellow.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I wouldn’t go for a ‘911’ plate either and I think that size is fine on there. A nice NI reg is hard to beat 😎

Reactions: B.M