ACE has this for £3400. Just saying. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A5E8AD79-998F-4212-8233-D289746B367F.jpeg

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
I'm too cheap to pay £3.4k for a plate, one I'm going to bid on has a reserve of £1.2k and that's about all I'd pay for a plate :joy: I think I definitely prefer the smaller rear plate, I think the bigger plate with the shorter reg made it look even bigger.

Had the best drive I've had in it so far yesterday, discovered 'comfort' tyre pressure settings and reduced the rear pressures and this has let me use the sport chassis mode as I found it too hard with the harder pressures and it makes a massive difference in the handling. The flatness and lateral grip while cornering is just unreal, having to recalibrate my brain as to what it can actually do as if I drove the M4 like that I would have been through a hedge.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Almost looks like an old school Porsche there.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
That looks so purposeful... About 5mm of bumper either end, and a door between two big wheels. It's unbelievable.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
You don’t float about comber in this do?
Something similar about here and looks and sounds amazing!

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
You don’t float about comber in this do?
Something similar about here and looks and sounds amazing!

Yep that would be me, I live in Comber so out and about there all the time - love revving it going up high street :joy:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yep that would be me, I live in Comber so out and about there all the time - love revving it going up high street :joy:

Ive heard it on the high street lol. Makes a nice change from the is200 and ep3 that runs about lol. I’ll give ya a wave next time. Will either be in my zed or daily hyundia getz lol😂

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Superb , didn't realise this was you, I have also spotted you about Comber, looks mega, my favourite non GT 911 by a mile!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I passed you at the fire station in the M4 just before you changed to the Porsche, figured you were from Comber when I saw the photos, I used to live in Linen house. Must be a few of us from Comber on here.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Changed all 4 tyres to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S N0 and wow, they have totally transformed the car for me. So much better overall grip, especially the front end, previously I was a bit shocked how crap the front end seemed with the Pirellis in the wet but with the new tyres there is so much more feel & grip and has given me so much more confidence in the front end of the car. The Pirellis had 6-7mm on the front and still had 5mm on the back so its not just new tyre effect of worn versus new that's making the difference. Had the same Michelins on my M4 and wouldn't have any other tyres now.

Shout out to Carryduff tyres who did an outstanding price as always - cheaper than I could get them online and they delivered them to Porsche to fit for me. Buying from them and getting Porsche to fit (only did this because of the centre locking wheels) worked out nearly £500 cheaper than buying via Porsche :oops:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Changed all 4 tyres to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S N0 and wow, they have totally transformed the car for me. So much better overall grip, especially the front end, previously I was a bit shocked how crap the front end seemed with the Pirellis in the wet but with the new tyres there is so much more feel & grip and has given me so much more confidence in the front end of the car. The Pirellis had 6-7mm on the front and still had 5mm on the back so its not just new tyre effect of worn versus new that's making the difference. Had the same Michelins on my M4 and wouldn't have any other tyres now.

Shout out to Carryduff tyres who did an outstanding price as always - cheaper than I could get them online and they delivered them to Porsche to fit for me. Buying from them and getting Porsche to fit (only did this because of the centre locking wheels) worked out nearly £500 cheaper than buying via Porsche :oops:

Any tyre place should have a lorry spec torque wrench and be able to remove and fit the wheels because they'll deal with HGV's all the time.

Understand your concern and reason for going to Porsche, but the reality is they are pretty simple to remove and refit. Massive saving on the Porsche prices though, awesome!

Such a stunning looking car - whilst I do like the 992, at this point I still think the 991.2 is the best looking.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The whole point of a centre locking wheel is that it's quicker and easier to fit. As above, some smaller tyre places may not have the tools, but most of the main ones should.

Still a good deal though so happy days and no worrying (y)

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
Originally I actually had it at two other tyre places with the intention of seeing if they could fix the slow puncture but both said they would have to use the HGV thing and cover the car with cardboard to make sure something didn't sheer off and damage the car or words to that effect? Neither seemed very comfortable at the prospect so I thought for the small amount extra Porsche were charging that I would get them to fit and rectify if anything went wrong :joy: thankfully nothing did.

Agreed about the 991.2 over the 992 and I'm really not a fan of the 992 interior at all. GT3 next for me I think...unless the AMG GTR's come down in price in the next couple of years.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Passed you tonight beside the Comber Mill mate. I was in the black 981 Cayman S (y). 911 looking mega on the road, very nice upgrade from the M4.

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
@m5lvyn I saw the car and then noticed the reg and thought that was you. Did you change the M2? Cayman looked unreal :cool:

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
@m5lvyn I saw the car and then noticed the reg and thought that was you. Did you change the M2? Cayman looked unreal :cool:

Still have the m2! Cayman is a future garage queen though, it’s manual with all the spec I drooled over for years & I couldn’t resist 🙈.

Any plans for the 911?

riano

RMS Regular
OP
riano
Drives
C63s coupe
M2 and a 981 Cayman S..... nice! Those 981 Caymans sound unreal. How long have you had it? Nothing planned for the 911, would have liked some spacers but can't get them with the centre locks and for the first time with any car I've owned there's nothing I actually want to change/add to it :joy: