'93 Golf GTi 2.Slow

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Minding my own business on a day off just before Christmas my dad came across this and bullied me into buying it.

The fact the last thing I needed was another car/anymore money going anywhere other than the Polo mattered little to him. I finally gave in after getting cheap insurance quote and went to see it and I was glad I did. I went expecting a ****ter with typical mk3 rotten floors, sills, raked to death.

Turns out there was no rot at all, 80k miles on it, a bit of a misfire, a blow out and funny brakes (not to mention questionable wheels).

We got it home and welded the exhaust, fitted a wishbone bush, cv boot and steering boot and freed up the brakes. The misfire was tracked down to a dodgy plug lead. Flew through mot on Saturday morning and enjoying driving it.

As a daily driver it wont see much modifications bar a good buff, stone chips and scratches touched in, the interior valeted, and lowered on the mk2 coilovers to offset the huge 17s.

Now for some pics (I'll post interior pics when it's valeted)

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

Connor

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nice MK3 Connor :grinning:

Don't see many solid early examples.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Its a nice wee car, was thinking about buying it a few times.Some original wheels and lowered and I would leave it at that.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks tidy, I await to see you cave and modify this alot ;)

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I give it a month before you have something done to it.

My guess is the polo wheels will end up on it ...and railed! :p

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Nice MK3 Connor :grinning:

Don't see many solid early examples.

Don't see many solid late examples either :p TBH I've found the early ones to be best lol

Looks tidy, I await to see you cave and modify this alot ;)

We all know it'll happen. The hydraulics are preventing a boot build in the Polo now so I'm thinking of a tidy OEM-esque boot build. Also want to split and tint the headlights to match the rears.

Looks smart in that colour (y)

The colour has really grown on me. I wasn't a fan at the start.

Looks a good one Connor - your as bad as me with having too many cars :scream:

Dont talk lol

Get it dished and slammmmmed!!

Only if something cheap appears. I'm debating doing these wheels black when I lower it but duno. Any opinions?

Really suprised at the interest. The interior is great too bar being dirty. No wear on the seats and bolsters are solid :laughing:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I'll throw in some apple pie plates/silver paint you can make these dished :laughing: Shabby chic!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Very true. Galvanized later but must've used spit through steel.

I'd keep the wheels silver and lower it a spot with decent shocks and springs. Even updating the shocks makes a hell of a difference I found.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Very true. Galvanized later but must've used spit through steel.

I'd keep the wheels silver and lower it a spot with decent shocks and springs. Even updating the shocks makes a hell of a difference I found.
Yeah the steel in them must have been awful. My mk2 had a hard life and isn't rotten but i've seen clean looking mk3s with no floors lol

Boydie it'll eventually happen lol

I was going to fine tune the timing tonight but i've put my back out so no can do :worried: