'93 Golf GTi 2.Slow

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Passed MOT yesterday on 102134 miles (more for my own record as that's starting fresh on rear brakes, bearings and axle bushes)

Genuinely dont think I will get tired of the point when the MOT guy lifts the bonnet to find everything wire tucked or binned :joy: He didn't seem impressed but couldn't find anything wrong so game on.

IMG_20180723_092703__01__01.jpg

Now to spend the rest of the week off fixing my wonky exhaust and cleaning up the car for Fitted UK

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
So from Monday to today I busted myself cleaning and getting ready for Fitted UK this weekend.

No real changes from last year except for I finally got sorted with a decal for the side of the car. I'm sure it'll be hit and miss with people. I love it though

Some pics of our stand at the show of my car, Robin's van and Andy's MK2

IMG_20180728_125502.jpg

IMG_20180728_125513.jpg

IMG_20180728_125527.jpg

IMG_20180728_125550.jpg

sam_9n

RMS Regular
I like it, I think the fact it’s black and blends in with the door trim etc makes it more subtle

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yeah it all works together. And as much as i love the MO's on the car, with all the amber bits they make the BBS really tie in (y)

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Thanks lads. I'm surprised at the response but I genuinely love it myself. It's like it always needed something there.

Currently pinting on the boat on the way home :grinning:

@cormac81 they belong to @Fatman I think they're red Tails with clear tops. The tops were tinted red and the reverse lights smoke tinted. I really like them :imp:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Since my last update I didn't do much other than put a few miles on it and attend a few shows. I picked up a prize at Built show which was cool and that was about it.

Last Friday @Bono872 and I hopped on the boat to Scotland to see Del at Optimus Automotive Trimmers outside Glasgow and dropped off my interior to him. This was always a sticking point with me about the car. The dye job was supposed to be a temp fix until I got a retrim and that lasted 3 years so I was delighted to be getting on with this bit.

Having seen so much of his work when judging at Dubshed on Scottish cars and him being a fellow MK3 lover I knew the bits were in safe hands. Today I got sent these pics:
received_962150457312016.jpeg

received_2262858453959151.jpeg

received_376375492933888.jpeg

A far cry from what I left off to him:
IMG_20181207_194835_599.jpg

I picked up another 24v engine, converted loom, downpipe, blah blah for not much more than what it would cost to finish my conversion and I know this one runs so itll be plug and play (I hope lol)

Work has been kicking my ass time wise for the past few months so I'll get more done over the Christmas break.

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@m00k cheers mate. It's probably a right while from we've seen each other indeed.

The stitching in the seats is all changed from single to double top stitch, the arse and back panels are changing from single pieces broken up with a few lines of stitching to seperate panels and the embossed logo is changing to an embroidered Recaro logo.

@Fatman I hadn't the heart to break that to you. Ill break your Christmas spirit yet :joy:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Those seats are absolutely unreal, I LOVE them, the colour is perfect.

Can't wait to see them in the car!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Seats look unreal Connor! I'll have to give Del a shout and see if mine have moved on any.

Contrast between the green paint and brown leather will be awesome.