A Daewoo, An AE86 and a Fiat 500

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
It's been a while since I posted a Members Car thread on here. I believe my Moonstone Blue HDI 306 was the last one in 2012 before I left for "America Town" as my dad refers to it. I would love to be able to say the last 7 years has been a checkered time of buying all sorts of cool cars but honestly it has sucked for the most part! haha

Starting from scratch and moving into a "married" situation put a severe dampner on buying anything. I drove my wife's Lexus GS350, Hyundai Accent, Toyota Camry and a Toyota Prius over a few years before i got my first WEAPON!!! A Daewoo Lanos. I literally have no pics of the car because I hated it and I never once washed it in the few years of ownership. I did however make a video:

What a POS.

ae86-world-ae86world-autolifers-trueno-nvhachi-garage86-corolla-1.jpg

After that I had decided I wanted an AE86 and I had big ideas of doing a full build on one. We got off to a great start but having to do a wedding at the end of 2017 put all plans into the bin not to mention the fact the company i was working for got shut down for some shady ****.

I have a few videos about the car - you can access them here: Patrick’s AE86 Build – AE86 World

ae86-world-autolifers-trueno-levin-car-build-2.jpg

I still have the car and its in the same place you see in the video and hasn't moved since! It is currently acting as a skip inside the garage :worried:

17457757_1429118483777059_1534658270127000240_n.jpg

Then we have the daily - my Fiat 500 Pop. I love this car purely because it is manual. It is super fun to drive but the build quality is terrible. It isn't looking as cute any longer as someone reversed into me one evening.

Cx90MpIXUAALMSi.jpg

I of course still have the Dimma. My dad however decided that at the age of 70 it was time to get a 306 GTi-6

IMG_7588.jpg

But NOOOOOOO that wasn't good enough. so last year he bought a 2001 Porsche 996 Carrera 2 in beautiful Guards Red...

IMG_7587.jpg

...at the age of 73. Absolute legend! I may or may not been a catalyst for this purchase.... :p He has both cars still and I don't think either are going anywhere soon. So there you have it my dad has out done me completely and I am absolutely itching to get something "proper" in the states... still! And no I won't get anything American - i hate their cars tbh except the classic ****!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Clear to see your Da has considerably better taste in cars than you! Good to hear from you Patrick and we need more of your stuff on here.

What's life like in Vegas under lockdown?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Good to see you posting again Patrick! Love your dads Porsche - did he get it from Friends Green Porsche by any chance?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Clear to see your Da has considerably better taste in cars than you! Good to hear from you Patrick and we need more of your stuff on here.

What's life like in Vegas under lockdown?
Not back 5 minutes and I’m already getting cheek from Cooper 😜 - you might be right though. I do have to take some of the blame for the Porsche though as my friend with the RUF 993 also has a 991 GT3 and had dad out at Spring Mountain for a few laps. The deposit was put on the 996 before he got home to NI and flights, ferries and hotels also booked! I’ll do a proper thread on it when I get to see it myself and do pics!

@PaulYDP absolutely correct. He got it from Luke just before he started doing the videos for Friends Green. I’m now officially a 996 nerd from watching his videos.
@Cooper life under lockdown for me has been okay. I wasn’t working for about 2 months and then my company decided to come back as soon as the restriction was lifted. I work on my own in a office for the most part and I’ve distanced myself from everyone bar one friend who is still social distancing.
Most people I know seem to be back in full flow and I have to admit the overall relaxation is seeping into my psyche. It’s hard to be so vigilant when those around you are not.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Haha good stuff, I had remembered reading about a Guards Red 996 going back to NI from Luke and a video and stuff. I watch all his videos as well, had a real notion for a 996 for a while there but it's on the backburner now.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
@PaulYDP hard to beat a 996 in terms of value for money. Everyone is surprised at the condition of dads car for the money he spent.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
IMG_7727.jpg

IMG_7726.jpg

Newest Edition to the household - 2019 Toyota Tacoma (4 cylinder 2wd only). Basically the missus needed a truck/pickup to cart stuff around in. She was getting annoyed having to go to U-Haul to get trailers every other week. She bought it at the auction and as you can see its still sporting some damage on the front bumper. It has an odd ABS issue also and needs front tires. It feels so light and agile - almost like a car. Honestly id have preferred the 4WD and V6 version....

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I love the Tacomas way more than the Hilux. I drove one for 4 days last time we were over and it was great

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
I love the Tacomas way more than the Hilux. I drove one for 4 days last time we were over and it was great
My first time experiencing anything like this. Closest thing is probably my father-in-laws Lexus GX470 - which is V8 and 4WD and it feels like a lot of car in comparison.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
View attachment 304715
View attachment 304716

Newest Edition to the household - 2019 Toyota Tacoma (4 cylinder 2wd only). Basically the missus needed a truck/pickup to cart stuff around in. She was getting annoyed having to go to U-Haul to get trailers every other week. She bought it at the auction and as you can see its still sporting some damage on the front bumper. It has an odd ABS issue also and needs front tires. It feels so light and agile - almost like a car. Honestly id have preferred the 4WD and V6 version....

You may not have noticed, but you appear to be living on the set of breaking bad.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
The Tacoma looks awesome @Nazor not
Sure if you follow donut media on YouTube but they are doing a series on the Tacoma next called high low (2 Tacoma’s, one gets the high budget stuff, one gets the low budget stuff)

might be of interest to you

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
The Tacoma looks awesome @Nazor not
Sure if you follow donut media on YouTube but they are doing a series on the Tacoma next called high low (2 Tacoma’s, one gets the high budget stuff, one gets the low budget stuff)

might be of interest to you
I watch their stuff from time to time David. I’ll have to give that series of vids a watch!

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
How is the AE86 getting on Patrick? Are you still going down the Honda power route?
Its still under a mountain of trash - still going Honda but im going to go K20 route now. It makes more sense financially.

My mate and I have vowed to get into it shortly though.