A guide to buying a new home or selling your home

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
Dear all,

We have already handled several cases for RMS members who are either selling their home or buying a new home. We have received extremely positive feedback in how we have handled the conveyance.

RMS members will get a 15% saving on our usual professional fee and also a free Will.
See attached our new information guides for anyone considering selling their home or moving home.
Hope they are helpful.

If anyone would like any further information or indeed a quote, please email or contact our office. It is important that you make us aware that you are a member of RMS to avail of the discount.

Kind regards

Neil

Attachments

• Boyd Rice Solicitors - Buying Your Home.pdf
    598.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Boyd Rice Solicitors - Selling Your Home.pdf
    617.5 KB · Views: 76

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
I used Boyd Rice for a recent purchase. It ended up a bit more complex than initially thought and it took almost 9 months for the conveyancing to complete but that was of no fault of Bens; he offered sound advice and guidance all the way and more to the point was always easily reachable - more than I can say for the other two conveyancing solicitors I've used in the past (y)

RevT

RMS Regular
I also just recently used Ben for conveyancing. Took about 10-12 weeks in total, Ben was professional and helpful and I didn’t have to chase him like I had to in the past with other solicitors.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Maybe this is place to ask....

Over the last year or so I've been looking at a load of houses, bid on a view, but gave up as most are overpriced and simply not worth it. But I'd say easily around 60-70% of ones I've either been looking at have went sale agreed, then back for sale again at least once over that time. Some maybe 3-4 times ! and a lot still on the market today after the what must be failed sales.

What are the main causes of a property going sale agreed then back for sale multiple times ? It would certainly put me off that property as if there is something major wrong with it. ( or could it be a chance for a very low bid ? )

Or maybe it's just perfectly normal ?

RevT

RMS Regular
Dickheads bidding and then pulling out at a later date either due to lack of funding or another house popping up is probably quite a few. My sister just went sale agreed on her house inside 48 hours of advertising. The person buying it was due to complete on another house like a week later but just ditched it and made an offer on my sisters to take it off the market right away. He’s quite obviously left the first seller in a ****ty situation now.

Other ones could be problems identified during a survey.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Maybe this is place to ask....

Over the last year or so I've been looking at a load of houses, bid on a view, but gave up as most are overpriced and simply not worth it. But I'd say easily around 60-70% of ones I've either been looking at have went sale agreed, then back for sale again at least once over that time. Some maybe 3-4 times ! and a lot still on the market today after the what must be failed sales.

What are the main causes of a property going sale agreed then back for sale multiple times ? It would certainly put me off that property as if there is something major wrong with it. ( or could it be a chance for a very low bid ? )

Or maybe it's just perfectly normal ?

Mortgage may not have got approved due to how overpriced everything is currently. Odd it would happen 3-4 times, that would make me think there's some deal breaking problem with the house.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
@NickR attached as requested! If you need anything just give us a shout.

Attachments

• BOYD RICE SOLICITORS - BUYING YOUR HOME.pdf
    508.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Boyd Rice Solicitors - Selling Your Home.pdf
    691.8 KB · Views: 0