A series of bad decisions- daily driving old land rovers.

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio
Gave it a wash today and fitted my new pressed plates and new tailored mats. The mats fairly freshen up the inside.

8733980A-950C-46E0-8CB0-D92FE77C71DA.jpeg

B3BE4779-55F2-4546-9117-9DB19CD9E1AB.jpeg

Also removed the reversing camera that had been retrofitted as it wasn’t actually working that well and I prefer the more original look. Especially now there’s no screen stuck to the dash.

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio
After sending my standard Clarion head unit away to get reconditioned it finally arrived yesterday. Fitted it this morning and it’s good having the all the speakers and sub working as they should.

0C439B6A-E514-4C24-8537-DC90825E3123.jpeg

Only thing they couldn’t fix properly was the lcd screen just because the parts aren’t available for them now.

They also fitted a aux cord to the back of it which I just have to sort out now.

Next on the list is sort the front door latches and repair the heated seats.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yea exhaust broke so that was my excuse for straight piping it lol.
That’s basically what happened mine too, first my cat seemed blocked up and holding the engine back so got a decat pipe.
Then the backbox fell off so just welded a pump of pipe in.
Then the next year the middle box rotted out and so I replaced it with a tiny resonator that was out of a v6 mg so the beast sound decent for a diesel by the end :joy:

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio
Few more photos from last Sunday. Made quite a few appearances in the video made by trillick auto parts centre. Mostly getting towed out lol.

E8A806B9-DDD2-407A-983F-BD3025694BD2.jpeg

05FF311B-CA01-40C0-B646-76229AB9A9D6.jpeg

Started into cleaning it the other day too. Snow foamed and washed twice still left some staining on the paintwork. Clayed and a light machine has it back looking the way it should.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Oh I should warn you to keep an eye on the Air filter, it takes air from the left side inner wing, I found water can get splashed into the airbox pretty easily.

A spare one when off-roading or changing to the like of a k&n or other reusable filter would be a good idea.

Mine got soaked one time having too much fun on flooded roads and the turbo started to suck the filter into the pipe

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio
Oh I should warn you to keep an eye on the Air filter, it takes air from the left side inner wing, I found water can get splashed into the airbox pretty easily.

A spare one when off-roading or changing to the like of a k&n or other reusable filter would be a good idea.

Mine got soaked one time having too much fun on flooded roads and the turbo started to suck the filter into the pipe

I’ll have to check that in the morning.

lee2050

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
That Defender is the absolute business @P17clio - what year and spec? Would you mind PMing me some details on it as I am looking for something similar.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Class I had great craic up the Keady In mine .
Just to the right where you took that pic in front of the old stone bays there’s a steep 6 ft bump which is great fun to go up and over .
Looks in great condition

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio
Class I had great craic up the Keady In mine .
Just to the right where you took that pic in front of the old stone bays there’s a steep 6 ft bump which is great fun to go up and over .
Looks in great condition

I wouldn’t call it mint but I wanted just a good useable defender. I actually love driving it. Completely different to the Range Rover lol.

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Gonna guess 200tdi

Lovely defender, miss mine loads. My brother spotted my old oneoon the motorway this week, first time spotted in 3 years since I sold it.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Was so close to buying a 2000 TD5 110 a couple of months ago in Mayobridge, but realised that it just isn’t a nice place to be as a daily driver. Even newer 1’s with better interiors and sound deadening still aren’t somewhere I’d like to spend more than 5/10 mins, never mind hauling round the country in 1 every day.

You have the heart of a lion dailying that...

Does she need much work as she sits, or is it ready to rock?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Was so close to buying a 2000 TD5 110 a couple of months ago in Mayobridge, but realised that it just isn’t a nice place to be as a daily driver. Even newer 1’s with better interiors and sound deadening still aren’t somewhere I’d like to spend more than 5/10 mins, never mind hauling round the country in 1 every day.

This is why I sold mine, awesome off road but a back breaker on the road.

P17clio

RMS Regular
OP
P17clio
Drives
renault clio

Richard at Hawkeye mot’d it the day I got it so mechanical it’s good. I only work 3 miles from the house so could daily anything lol. Few wee things need to be done but they are more just I want to do them instead of needing done.

Going to update the stereo system and then replace all the door seals etc. It pulls like a train as well. Far better than I though a 200tdi went.

j44nty

RMS Regular
That’s lovely. We have a fleet of them in work. Can’t deny they are a useful tool. The lack of space for my right arm annoys me during the winter months when the window space can’t be used for your elbow. Other than that they are grand if a little agricultural.
Best colour combo too looks fantastic. I would do the checker plate on the bonnet upol raptor liner black and update the lights for modern black units.

Subscribed