A Very Close Call!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.
I stopped 5 metres short of a Tractor Yesterday after it pulled out infront of me while i was doing 60mph down a road! I totally locked up and was skidding down the road towards it thinking i'm gonna get fu<ked up! I got the car up on the verge a bit and i just stopped in time! The rubber i left on the road was pretty extreme! Me and my mate then jumped straight out of the car and starting shouting at this farmer who was about 15 was driving a tractor with no registration number! another farmer then came over, i was totally ripping and pretty shocked aswell! The farmer then said 'u boys drive too fast' We just look left and right and let the clutch out and go if its clear'!!
When i saw the tractor i was aware of it and then when he decided to pull out he def didnt double check!

But anyway it was lucky i only came away with a few scratchs on my alloy and a balded tyre and nothing worse!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
have caused me to be late for work many's a time......well later than usual :lol:

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
considerin most back roads are nation speed limit....

lucky miss... my mates mum got wiped out by a tractor on a back road and she was doin 40 and the tractor came round a blind corner...

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I think you should practice the oul' cadence braking mate ;) Been in similar situations myself... whoring down a back road in daylight can catch you out!

Andy

Spoony

RMS Regular
Bloody S*it kickers,they may have the right to be on the road but they are the ones that dont look,they believe they own the roads.

Unfortunately for me i live surrounded by fields so i know all to well :x

Dermot

W@rdy said:
was it a country road?

if so wtf wer u doing 60mph for?

Cause thats the speed limit on a backroad ??? Duh !!! :p

Lucky one mate... I remember meetin a tractor onetime I was doin a little more than 60 though, and the road was only wide enough for 1 car and had some big wide sprayer on the back...I locked up, and headed straight for him and just knew it wasnt gonna work so I dropped it the 3rd and floored it up onto the ditch... Got away with just loosing my wing mirror which just clips back on !! I was happy, then the farmer had the bottle to start shoutin at me... " What if I had of been an old women in a wee car" I just shouted back.. "Then you wouldnt have been using the whole Fu*kin road" .. I have admit though, I was seriously goin too hard for the road I was on.. Another lesson learnt :laughing:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Despite the speed limits being 60 you can still be driving to fast for some of them at 60 mph. anyhow, lucky escape for the 214!

OP
T
burnoutbaz69 said:
could u not have went to the other side of the road and got past it?

No he had come from a junction on right, right across the road to turn into left lane in which i was travelling!

The thing is with the speed is that i was slowing after a long straight! Its the main road between ards and ballywalter the dunover road its a country road but its a two lane road with lines so its a road u can noramlly go 60 quite safely!

bob

RMS Regular
Last tractor that pulled out infront of me dad got the front axle tore of. Needless to say you can guess who came of worse.

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
VEN©M said:
Despite the speed limits being 60 you can still be driving to fast for some of them at 60 mph. !

too true lol

theres a road down near Portmuck takes you through it, few houses and 2 big enough lanes speed limit is 40. then you turn on to a cart track to go down to the Bay with about 6 90degree bends all blind and a national speed limit sign at the start of it WTF lol anything over 30 is way too fast lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.