A4 2.0 tfsi

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Not sure how right I am here but did these engines have problems with drinking oil?
Been looking at a few a4s but wondering is there a year this was sorted or is it an ongoing issue or can someone shed some light?

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
I'm looking around the 2014/15 cars if that helps at all?

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
I have a 2007 A4 2.0 litre automatic - 84k FSH and drinks about 1 litre of oil every 1500 miles or so - has put me off VW/Audi petrol cars with all the different reports about oil consumption

Neil_M

RMS Regular
It was the rings or pistons being made of chocolate causing the excessive consumption.

Some will have had this fixed under warranty. So if the car you are looking at hasn't had it done, I'd walk away.

mark19

RMS Regular
OP
M
Drives
golf
It was the rings or pistons being made of chocolate causing the excessive consumption.

Some will have had this fixed under warranty. So if the car you are looking at hasn't had it done, I'd walk away.
Yea thats what I was worried about, seems to be after 2012 it has been sorted tho or so it's been said up there

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy

Exactly this, mate of mine had issues with a 2009 A4 2.0 TFSI drinking oil. Got it all sorted under warranty thankfully but they had to completely strip the engine and fit updated pistons and rings plus all the other associated parts with pulling an engine apart. The bill to the warranty company was scary lol