Aarons MK1 Octavia vRS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
@Steve Cheers for the heads up dude. Was actually looking at those last night thinking I should probably replace them too lol

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
It was the little one that split on me, but got them both. The large one replaces one pipe plus a plastic T piece. There is a one way valve in the T piece to swap over that can be easily missed.

upload_2016-6-22_9-13-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-22_9-13-11.png
    upload_2016-6-22_9-13-11.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 71

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
No real updates on this aside from the Skoda passed MOT on Saturday (just needed anti-roll bar bushes) :laughing:...

13712215_500070533524531_1204449459_n.jpg

...and the Mazda has decided it doesn't need a clutch pedal anymore :worried:

Think it maybe needs a slave cylinder as the pedal has been slowly losing travel over the last week so it must be drawing in air.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
i love those wheels, they just look so "right"

I would say its 99% sure its the slave cylinder on the mx5. luckily, cheap and easy to do

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
@roverspeed Cheers dude. So many people mention the wheels when they see it, even the MOT inspector did lol!

Slave cylinder bought already so hopefully get looking at it some night this week :grinning:

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
@veedubnoodle

Can i ask, do you know what colour you had the wheels done? I am getting my Insignia wheels done and its the closest i have seen to the shade I would like for them.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Just remembered I got the Mazda fixed on Wednesday night, it was the slave cylinder. Might have pulled the exhaust in two getting it onto the ramp (forgot my planks of wood) but put it back together with a new clamp so it's all good :laughing:

This means I can take the Skoda off the road and finally have a go at deleting the SAI pump and put my new over-sized silicone TIP on :laughing:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
@veedubnoodle

Can i ask, do you know what colour you had the wheels done? I am getting my Insignia wheels done and its the closest i have seen to the shade I would like for them.

Aaron can correct me here, but I think they came that colour?

I'm a bit of a fan of darker coloured wheels and have had 4 colours with my latest being my favourite so far.

The Focus I had Kris @ SQD paint the ST wheels a colour he was doing alot of his wheels at the time, I beleive he said it was an Audi colour:
DSC00081.jpg

The Clio, i had done Honda Cosmic Grey
IMG_8178.jpg

Fabia I done myself in Rover Steel Grey, i think this would be closest to what you're looking?
047C1CE8-3C0F-4934-BB57-FE5A2216DC5A.jpg

859724_609321685769264_1438485381_o.jpg

And the Octavia I've had done BMW Ferric Grey 2.
20160508_141251.jpg

Heres them on @browne174s Octavia a good comparision to Aarons
IMG_20160703_134141.jpg

Sorry for the thread hijack!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Rover steel grey looks like a good job.

Intially I didn't want a really high gloss, but the wheels on the VRS have changed my mind. The deep gloss looks awesome. I imagine it makes them easier to clean too.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Rover steel grey looks like a good job.

Intially I didn't want a really high gloss, but the wheels on the VRS have changed my mind. The deep gloss looks awesome. I imagine it makes them easier to clean too.

For the love of God, go gloss.

My current octavia came with a set of satin finished wheels and they are a hateful thing to clean and even when they are clean, they look dull

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
For the love of God, go gloss.

My current octavia came with a set of satin finished wheels and they are a hateful thing to clean and even when they are clean, they look dull
Yeah I feel you, the wheels on my Passat were satin and about 5 minutes after cleaning they were bogging again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.