Aarons MK1 Octavia vRS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I loved mine, wish I never sold it it's dead now. Mine was on Weitecs and sat nose down really nicely. I'm always on the hunt for a good WRC one though!

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Tidy looking big bus. Seems as though you're not hanging about with stuff either!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
@dub Cheers dude. Yeah I'm trying to get everything I want done to it sorted before I put her on the road. That way I'll maybe leave it alone for a while and actually save money! lol

@Tufty if I get bored and fancy a change you can have first dibs on this one ;)

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
So a few of you who have me on Instagram or Facebook will have seen this on Saturday but I finally got my wheels on!

Got new tyres fitted by the good lads at Blacks Road Service Station and then took the wheels up to the Skoda. Dropped the front back down a touch, bolted the wheels up and stood back in admiration! :p

11881800_418028825065119_1846717134_n.jpg

Proper tarmac rally car / 90's touring car style, well happy!

Fitment is bang on so for anyone wondering wheel specs are as follows;

Rota D154 18 x 8.5j ET30 (supplied by @alloyboy Thank you very much mate) with 225/40/18 tyres all round.

Monster energy drink supplied by @browne174 Cheers for the help at the weekend lad (y)

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That looks awesome!

I've been wondering recently what this style of wheel might look like on my S3. As you say, a real smart motorsport look.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
That looks awesome!

I've been wondering recently what this style of wheel might look like on my S3. As you say, a real smart motorsport look.

Thanks buddy. Wanted to go for a motorsport look this time around and get away from the shiny, hard to keep, show wheels I normally go for! :p

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Those wheels look class! Look like TH Mono's crossed with those OZ Racing rally spec wheels

Cheers Gary. That's exactly what I wanted but Compomotive only make the TH's in 17" (unless you special order them which take time and lots of money) and the OZ rally wheels are very hard to come by in small sizes never mind tarmac spec sizes! lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Not really many updates about this at the minute. Have it sitting the way I want it and I've only got little things to finish.

Got it on the road on Tuesday night and on Wednesday while filling it up some fella came over to me and offered me money for it! lol

Safe to say I said no cause I've only been driving it for a day so far!

Gunna give it a good clean tomorrow and just enjoy it :laughing:

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Not really many updates about this at the minute. Have it sitting the way I want it and I've only got little things to finish.

Got it on the road on Tuesday night and on Wednesday while filling it up some fella came over to me and offered me money for it! lol

Safe to say I said no cause I've only been driving it for a day so far!

Gunna give it a good clean tomorrow and just enjoy it :laughing:

Haha, always a sign you're doing something right!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
@Brennan Thanks buddy. Next on the list is a good clean inside and some routine maintenance. Trying to keep my cool and not go all out on this one! lol

@martybelfastsri Thanks mate.

So yeah I ended up going to the Speed Weekend show yesterday and for some crazy reason I came away with the award for Best Wheels! :laughing:

11949406_10153476281796210_5672171704898437635_n.jpg

Wouldn't have been my choice for best wheels (I particularly liked the Work Meister CR01s on the silver AE86) but I'm very happy to have got a prize at the Skodas first show!

Looking forward to Titanic Dubs now :grinning:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Wow it's been a while since I updated this! Nothing much new really, just been driving the life out of it and enjoying it!

Took it to Titanic Dubs last month where it got a fair bit of attention and nice comments from admirers so if you're one of them thanks :grinning:

20150926_titanic_dubs-0496-16.jpg

20150926_titanic_dubs-0497-17.jpg

And at the weekend there I got the sump changed, new oil pick up pipe, oil filter, fuel filter and new plugs. Driving a lot better now as with the cold mornings recently she was feeling a bit hesitant.

Will be going on a road trip to Telford for the Ultimate Stance show in a couple of weeks so I'm really looking forward to that! :laughing:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Nothing much to update at the minute but was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing the SAI delete on a 1.8T.

It's been a bit noisy for a while now and rather than replace it I was thinking of doing the delete instead :grinning:

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Yes I don't the sai, pcv, etc etc delete on Mrs ibiza fr and vrs.
I used the resistor method which gave me an eml. Just reset it every month or so. No dramas.
Maybe psychological but car felt sharper with the vacuum line tidy changes.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
See the EML is the only thing that would bother me a bit. Doing a bit of research it looks like I'll have to get it mapped out if I delete everything which is a pain but better than replacing it I suppose lol

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I left the solenoids connected electronically but bypassed then mechanically. No biggy and hidden below the engine cover.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.